Evoque Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the factory wheels for my vehicle have missing paint down to the bare metal. I have only had this car since November '13. I took it in to the dealer as thinking painted rims from the factory should stand up to daily wear and tear. I was told by the dealer after he sent pictures to his "contact" that it was due to damage I caused. I tried to show the service tech that the paint chips are on 3 of the 4 rims inside the spokes and outside and there is no curb rub, dents, dings in the rims. His response "nothing we can do". Anyone else experience this or have suggestions on escalating this ? I didn't spend this amount of money to have a vehicle with this type of quality.:mad:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well, what "contact?" I would have them looked at by a wheel restoration shop and get their opinion. Stick it in dealer's face.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, what "contact?" I would have them looked at by a wheel restoration shop and get their opinion. Stick it in dealer's face.
I filed a complaint with RR USA over the issue. The dealer was unresponsive to the rim issue as well as the rain sensing wipers activating when there is no rain and telling me the arm on the wheel sets the sensitivity which I promptly let him know was bs. If RR comes back that they will not pursue, that is my next step. I am planning on doing that this weekend just in preparation.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The arm from the steering wheel shaft housing does contain the control to set the rain detection sensitivity, although I doubt that at the highest sensitivity setting the wipers would turn on if there is no rain.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The arm from the steering wheel shaft housing does contain the control to set the rain detection sensitivity, although I doubt that at the highest sensitivity setting the wipers would turn on if there is no rain.
The arm controls how often the wipers move during rain...I am looking for adjusting the sensitivity when they activate. I have had it set on all the way min and the wipers activate with no rain...and on a few instances continue to constantly swipe the windshield. This to me would mean the sensitivity or the sensor is off. I would imagine there is some adjustment they (LR) can do by hooking it up to their computers and adjusting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts