Evoque Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had my first encounter with bird s--- hitting right on the center hood. I was driving and could not stop immediately to wipe it off. When I returned home I applied water to the hood to take off the bird smatterings. Well, the crap left a spot on the clear coat which is very hard to take off. However, I went to autozone and purchased meguiers swirl remover and applied it to the spot. Product took off the spot and now the paint looks perfect. I have a Santorini black exterior so it was imperative that I get the finish back to perfect.What product do you use for these unfortunate bird droppings?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well I had my first encounter with bird s--- hitting right on the center hood. I was driving and could not stop immediately to wipe it off. When I returned home I applied water to the hood to take off the bird smatterings. Well, the crap left a spot on the clear coat which is very hard to take off. However, I went to autozone and purchased meguiers swirl remover and applied it to the spot. Product took off the spot and now the paint looks perfect. I have a Santorini black exterior so it was imperative that I get the finish back to perfect.What product do you use for these unfortunate bird droppings?
In the past I always kept a spray bottle solution of Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine.

If you're unfamiliar with this brand or product I would highly recommend you to pick up a bottle...it's AMAZING!

This is more along the line of professional detailing products so you will only find it at professional detailing stores or online.

Can be used for other tasks as well but this stuff is truly an awesome solution to have on the go.

Doesn't require water to wash your car and trust me I've been using it for years in San Francisco with no garage or garden hose.

In the future if you carried a spray bottle mix of the concentrated solution you could spot treat immediately.

No Rinse Wash and Shine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts