Evoque Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just spent all day off roading in snow in Haliburton Ontario Canada..the car is quite capable and we don't have enough snow to slow it down yet.

Driving it to Florida next week to test it in sand!

Paul

·
Registered
44 Posts
I live in Philadelphia, we just got about 3 inches of snow, I know that's not much but it also got about another 1/2-3/4 inch of ice on top of it too. The point I'm trying to get at is my Evoque did extremely well in these conditions, the main roads are usually fine and plowed but all our little back streets and stuff we have in this city rarely get plowed at all. I was cruising very well and slammed on the breaks on a nice sheet of ice and this car stopped on a dime without any ABS interference. I even tried to get it to spin out and do some donuts and it straigh wouldn't. I had to put it in Sand Mode for it to become playful. Compared to other 4X4's/AWD rides I've had and drove this is by far the best, no doubt. Absolute delight. Go have some fun, or drive like you would normally cause this thing is safe for sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had my first experience in snow recently, and handled better than any other vehicle I've owned. My initial reaction was 'scary', because I felt like I could have gone as fast as I wanted to. Definitely on par the wife's A4 with Quatro

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had my first experience here with snow due to Athena rolling through NJ. I was very happy with the performance and felt no slipping at all. I always felt in control and that was going over roads with 3-4 inches of slush and snow and 40 mph winds blowing everything around. As a side note, love the seat warmers and the heated steering wheel.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
My car is leased so it has stock 19 rims and all weather tires. It was funny watching the pickup truck in front of me in stop and go traffic fishtail every time he tried to accelerate.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just put 20'' Blizzaks on my 2013 Dynamic, if you are going to be in the snow alot I can HIGHLY recomend these! An amazing tire for sure!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had two weeks of snow all over (early wintertime in Europe). Absolutely no problem. The car is a bit tricky by giving the driver such kind of superiority that I caught myself to take over other cars in the snow what I never would have done before. Conti Wintertyres on 19 inch. Also by driving donwhill the car helps extremly not to go over the tracitonlimit. It is visible, that Land Rover has an experience by building 4x4 cars. Switching off the ESP makes not a such a big difference. But the Evoque is definitly not a "Drifting vehicle". But there is a big dominance left in the snow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi just had a big storm here in ontario (hamilton) we had 20 cm of snow and let me tell you Evoque was amazing in the city and highway no weel spin at all best car i ever had no was im going back to any other company 18" rims with winter tires traction control is just best #1 juat put the car in snow mode and slam on the gas the car just gooooooooooooo!!!! I love it thank you Land Rover!!!! & Range Rover!!:cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
We had 12" of snow in the Twin Cities a few weeks ago and my Evoque w/ stock tires plowed through it without a problem during the height of the storm. And then again last week I drove 400 miles to SE Iowa on snow/ice mixed highways and always felt like I had complete control. I'm a fairly cautious driver so didn't take any chances going too fast but was definitely impressed. Best part was at a stop sign on an incline where the Jeep 4x4 next to me struggled for a firm grip and yet the Evoque effortlessly took off.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Put me in the category of "Best vehicle i've ever driven in snow".

View attachment 668
Have not had enough snow yet to rate it fairly, its good.

At this point I will say the FJ cruiser I traded was the best I have ever had in the snow. in 2011, for three days there were onlytwo vehicles that got out of my neighborhood in the snow, Very hilly and very winding 3 mile road. My FJ and another guys H1. Many neighbors 4x4 were stuck in ditches.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For those of you that experienced amazing snow performance, do you also have snow tires on the evoque? I drove in snow today and it did OK. The anti-lock brakes kicked in ... but I have all season tires on the car. I'm wondering how much of a difference the snow tires make.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have snow tires (Continental Winter): it goes perfectly well. Due to insurance rules we are forced to put the winter tires on; anyhow: a real winter tire is much superior to all weather due to the rubbermix and the profiles. Breaking distance is much shorter and the grip much better. Must be, because the tires are differently concepted. They sound a bit louder on dry streets, but it is not a big difference on the noise. I went throu real heavy snow (throu the foreststreets where the snow was on the ground withtout anybody driving throu before) and it is amazing how easy the Evoque passes by. The absolute best performance is in the sandmodus, there the grip is unbeatable. Drifting is not easy to do it, because the electronic programs always intervent. So also switching off the ESP does not result in a rally driving modus. = fully satisfied.

·
Registered
482 Posts
The all seasons grip fine for acceleration. The AWD helps with take-off. But you really do see a difference in braking AND acceleration with the winters. The big issue for me is braking on frozen roads, where AWD alone gives you no different handling than FWD. The only difference in braking is the grip you have with the road, and winter tires improve that substantially. I am happy to have them here in MN. Also, I do a lot of driving in Northern WI and they have a lot more snow.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 20 Posts