Evoque Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently acquired a 2016 Evoque and have experienced the phantom honking (2 brief honks out of no-where).
Before joining this forum I googled some other sites and found it was a fairly common problem with the 2016 model (thus I learned the term 'phantom honking' - I had previously been referring to it as '2 sharp honks'... and also thought I was doing something wrong.... or perhaps just a crazy lady.....).
So the posts I read were dated over 2 years ago. At that time it seemed like de-activating the kick-activated trunk release was the answer. This does not make me happy. However sitting at a red light and the stupid horn honks out of nowhere, while amusing, is not the coolest feature of this vehicle.
Any update fellow- forum- members?

·
Super Moderator
590 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

IIRC, I saw there was a recall for this problem. This was a hot topic on the UK Evoque forum in 2016. I searched the UK forum, but couldn't come up with the posts about the recall. The UK forum search function isn't working quite right:(. You might want to talk to a Land Rover dealer, to see if they can come up with the details about what JLR did to properly fix this issue.

·
Administrator
61 Posts
FYI, I've moved this thread from Site Help to the Evoque Forum.

Cheers,

Erik

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2016 and had the phantom. Once in the middle of a rainy night on a very quiet steet! I thought the neighbors might attack...
I beleive it was cured by a TSB at the dealer. I'd also read it had something to do with the kick/motion to open the back hatch. My dealer seemed aware of the issue and it's never repeated itself. Hope this sheds some light...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts