Evoque Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had the truck for about 6 hours yesterday, took it for a ride at night and had a headache about an hour into drive!!....the blur from the filament in windshield is HORRIBLE!...so HORRIBLE that i called dealer to return truck...cannot drive this vehicle like this...my eyesight isnt that great to begin with...got home and had a damn headache from the blurry vision everytime oncoming lights or street lights cam into view...drove around NYC and had blur from all the lights around outside. Gotta call dealership in the morning. Truck must go back or windshield replaced or give me different truck WITHOUT climate package.....climate pkg includes heated windshield...the dumbest idea(installing hundreds of filaments in windshield) i have seen so far...very dissapointed....dont know how you guys deal with this problem, im sorry to say...i cannot

·
Registered
87 Posts
Agreed with you until I was caught in a blizzard and those filaments gave me instant visibility. They haven't bothered me since even though I rarely drive in snow.

·
Registered
482 Posts
had the truck for about 6 hours yesterday, took it for a ride at night and had a headache about an hour into drive!!....the blur from the filament in windshield is HORRIBLE!...so HORRIBLE that i called dealer to return truck...cannot drive this vehicle like this...my eyesight isnt that great to begin with...got home and had a damn headache from the blurry vision everytime oncoming lights or street lights cam into view...drove around NYC and had blur from all the lights around outside. Gotta call dealership in the morning. Truck must go back or windshield replaced or give me different truck WITHOUT climate package.....climate pkg includes heated windshield...the dumbest idea(installing hundreds of filaments in windshield) i have seen so far...very dissapointed....dont know how you guys deal with this problem, im sorry to say...i cannot
Consider driving it around for a week. I don't even see the lines anymore. And it is a REALLY nice feature to have.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah I would agree it's definitely different but it’s a great feature. Living up in NYC as I Live in Vermont you and I would know the snow we get and that you do need Climate package. And the ice melts so quick you will fall in love with the vehicle. Give it a chance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no, no special glasses, if you have climate pkg you have filament in windshield,,, just google "evoque night blur" you will see complaints. you can see them with the naked eye...if you dont see them then u dont have heated windshield

·
Registered
8 Posts
Keep driving it. Your eyes will get used to it. When my wife bought her Evoque I couldn't drive it at night but now I dont even notice it. The key is not to focus on it and just drive normal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I noticed the "blur" in every heated windshield, and even in several new (2012-2013) vehicles with non-heated windshields as well. The angle of the windshield can add to the distortion factor, and like others, the wires in the windshield will create added distortion if your focal point is at the windshield itself.

It drove me nuts for several weeks on both the LR4 and the Evoque (both have the heated windshields) yet seemed more pronounced on the Evoque. Now after several months, it's rare that it bothers me at all. Like Scrambler says, you should get used to it after awhile. I don't even need it here in Southern CA but like the heated seats and wheel on those cool mornings. Must be some throwback to my days at the Canadian border and my spouse in Alaska. Brrr...

·
Registered
179 Posts
It has never been a bother for me. However, i am in a gated community and the back gate works off an RFID sticker that you put on your windshield, inside the car. Guess what, it could not read it so I put the sticker on the outside of the windshield and it still could not read it. I discussed with the security administrator and he gave me a key fob for the back gate.....now, all is well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts