1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
326 Posts
I was shocked that Land Rover was 7 up from the bottom. With the initial quality of my Evoque I figured it would have moved up closser to the average at least.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yeah, disappointing- but this includes all models- Rome wasn't built in a day, I guess. We'll keep our fingers crossed for improvements!
I know the fit and finish, and feel of quality is top notch in my Dynamic, I am really impressed. I was far less impressed with the LR2 that was a loner for a day. In fact I thought my Toyota FJ had better fit, finish, feel and quality than the LR2.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know the fit and finish, and feel of quality is top notch in my Dynamic, I am really impressed. I was far less impressed with the LR2 that was a loner for a day. In fact I thought my Toyota FJ had better fit, finish, feel and quality than the LR2.
mine is Toyota camry with good quality and impressed with the interior/exterior parts but im also impressed with the improvements of latest evoque models

·
Registered
1 Posts
I still love the Evoque, but I don't think Land Rover is quite there yet with quality. It feels as tight as a bank vault, but there are a lot of nagging little problems that would be unacceptable in a Nissan or a Hyundai, let alone a $60k car. Six trips to the dealer in as many months is not okay.

·
Registered
50 Posts
We have two 2013 LR's and zero problems. An LR4 and an Evoque. Granted, low mileage so far but still, zero probs. Usually in the first 90 days there are some dealer issues; we had none. After that, still none. Guess we got two good ones. But after all, wasn't that always the luck of the draw on new cars. Either a good day at the assembly line or not? I've had over 45 cars so far and some were excellent and others were pure crap from day one. Some even got worse, much worse, after the dealer massaged them with their magic after taking them back numerous times.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I love my 2013 LR2 HSE. True, interior not as plush as the Evoque, but same 2L turbocharged engine with Xenon headlights and nice LED signature DRL, Meridiam and NAV with more interior room and visibility. Drives great both on and off road woth only slightly less fuel efficiency than the Evoque for 10 grand less than similarly equipped Evoque. Evoque computer issues in 2012 model seem to be largely resolved. Time will tell. I have been impressed with zero issues so far at the 400 mile mark. Jag certainly better than the XJ6 that I had in the late 70s or early 80s. Most cars are much better than 5-6 years ago with computerized assembly lines, since most computers either work well or not at all !!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
JD Powers is -- how do I say this... not to be heeded. First of all, take a close look at how they break down cars. GM, is broken down by several models, each rated separately. Whereas others, like LR, are all lumped together. So, if you have one bad car (like they did with the LR3) it pulls them all down. My Evoque is this family's 7th LR product and we have had great luck with them. Also, there was an expose basically showing Powers was FOS. Powers is like CarFax, if you want to believe it... then it must be true.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts