Evoque Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 'Easy Entry/Exit' turned on in the Vehicle Set-up display. Most often I turn the car off while it is in the Sport or Drive range with my foot on the brake and the transmission returns to the Park position by itself. Very convenient but the 'Easy Entry/Exit' feature doesn't work when opening the door. If I manually turn the knob to park and then turn the car off the 'Easy Entry/Exit' works when I open the door. Is this a fault in my car or does the 'Easy Entry/Exit' only work under the condition I've described? I have a 2013 Evoque coupe.

·
Super Moderator
569 Posts
Mstraka,

Just went out and tried your scenario in my MY2013 coupe. "Easy Entry/Exit" did NOT work, when I turned the ignition off with gear selector left in Drive.
Of course, it did work when turning car off with gear selector in Park.
I'd say that it is normal operation.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mstraka,

Just went out and tried your scenario in my MY2013 coupe. "Easy Entry/Exit" did NOT work, when I turned the ignition off with gear selector left in Drive.
Of course, it did work when turning car off with gear selector in Park.
I'd say that it is normal operation.
Thanks Rsquared. Saves me a trip to the dealer asking them to fix an operation failure that doesn't exist. It seems to me this is something that Land Rover overlooked in programming its software in 2013. Does this operation 'flaw' still exist in newer Evoques?

·
Super Moderator
569 Posts
You're welcome.
Glad I could confirm you don't have a problem. I also agree that "Easy Entry/Exit" should work either way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts