Evoque Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I recently lost my Evoque 2012 KeyFob on a night out. I've called the dealer and they wanted $565 CDN for a new KeyFob and also $150 to reprogram my existing KeyFob (we had 2), plus the new one. I'm thinking that this is SLIGHTLY overpriced. I can purchase a new KeyFob on EBay for approx $100CDN, which I am thinking of doing. Does anyone know how to program the new KeyFobs? Is this something that you can do at home, or would I have to take the Evoque in and pay the $150 service charge? Please help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've read that thread. If I simply mail the key to my work address and have my wife's PayPal pay for it, I have some major doubts my car would be stolen. The KeyFob HAS to be programmed to work with the Evoque. So there is no possible way that the seller would know the new programmed codes. They simply don't work without reprogramming all of the FOB's. I've thought about this long and hard, and really can't see the risk. My big question is if I have to take it into the Dealership for the re-coding of the FOB's, or if this is something that I can do from home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts