Evoque Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm a proud owner of a Buckingham blue 2012 Dynamic model with a silver contrast roof. As with all of the cars that I've owned, he has a name. His name is Spencer. To give you an idea of my taste in cars, my last 3 cars were a Volvo C30 (Sven), a Jeep Wrangler (Judd), and an Audi TT (Dane). I'm a huge fan of electronica / dance / trance music, which sounds amazing on the 825 watt Meridian system. My friends tease me about driving a mobile dance club lol. I'm loving the Land Rover ownership experience so far. I've only owned Spencer for about 6 weeks so I haven't experienced my first service appointment yet. Just crossing my fingers that their service is at least comparable to the service I've come to expect after owning a Volvo and Audi.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm not an owner (yet - check back when the 2014 models are available!) but I have a question I've not seen answered online - what's the stock horn like? One of the few things I don't like about my current driver is the wussy sounding horn, and I'm hoping the Evoque does better in that department. :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm not an owner (yet - check back when the 2014 models are available!) but I have a question I've not seen answered online - what's the stock horn like? One of the few things I don't like about my current driver is the wussy sounding horn, and I'm hoping the Evoque does better in that department. :cool:
Actually, there's two answers...

The actual horn sounds respectable- a traditional sounding horn. The second part of the answer is the "alert" when setting the alarm and such- it is an anemic "meep-meep" sounding mess...

Not sure why there are two separate horns but at least the alarm one is seldom heard. The exception was when I set off the alarm in a parking lot to locate it and couldn't shut it up fast enough!

/r

Allen

·
Registered
74 Posts
The actual horn sounds respectable- a traditional sounding horn. The second part of the answer is the "alert" when setting the alarm and such- it is an anemic "meep-meep" sounding mess...

Not sure why there are two separate horns but at least the alarm one is seldom heard. The exception was when I set off the alarm in a parking lot to locate it and couldn't shut it up fast enough!
Maybe it's meant to force a thief to flee in terror? :cool: Thanks for the response! (and welcome OP!)

·
Registered
518 Posts
I agree with the "meep meep" or roadrunner sound. My guess is LR only used 1 of the 2 horns for the alarm set alert so not to disturb the neighbors.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Otherwise, both horns are utilized for driving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts