Evoque Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a few questions to the North American owners. 1. Cruise control: anyway to know the exact speed you set the cruise? Ie. cruise setspeed 40mph. I heard the UK cars at least have the MPH showing on the bottom righthand corner of the center display. My car is at the dealer again (long story short they did something and they now need to have someone airbrush a small section), and I don't remember seeing the MPH in the center display. I've had my car for 1.5 weeks now. 2. Anyway to program the folding mirrors in the menu screen? Can't find it in the menu screen as I like to keep it open most of the time but the occasional folding morrors if I'm parked in tight spot. TIA!

·
Registered
124 Posts
So far, having the speed visible is not an option...TOO BAD as even my VW Tiguan had it!
Also in the US Evoque, another missing point is a COMPASS, which you have no indication whatsoever of your direction...even in the NAV system, you just go and set NORTH UP, but that doesn't help.

I am also seeking for someone who could figure that out, please!
Thank you,
regards
brazeagle

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks brazeagle for the info. I did confirm that the UK Evoque does show MPH in the center display. So why not give that to everyone else? Also, dealer gave me a LR4 for a loaner right now and it shows Cruise Setspeed at xxMPH. Figured the Range Rover should have that if the Land Rover cars have it. Wonder if the dealer can program to have that displayed on our cars.

As for the folding side mirrors, why not allow the owner program themselves if they want them folded or not? The manual advises the folding side mirrors are program through the dealers. My Jaguar (same company Tata) can program via the menu screen.

Other than that....love the car!:cool:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a pic showing the Eurocars shows speed (this case KMH) on the center display. I don't recall seeing this on my car (I'll have to double check when I get my car back from the dealer) as I would have notice it from driving it for a week.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I contacted LR USA and they checked and advised the U.S. models don't have the speedo reading on the center display.

·
Registered
85 Posts
What's wrong with a glance at the speedometer to see the speed? Is there some technical reason to see the speed elsewhere or more accurately than the speedometer?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I usually like to know exactly what I set my cruise speed at. I just figured if the LR cars have it why not the Range Rovers especially when the UK Evoque have them. How much more will it cost them to do so....just saying. :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
With the steering wheel in my comfortable driving position the analog gauge isn't easy to read at all. Not having the number on the center display is actually a huge complaint of mine. Especially since its available on the uk model this should simply be software. As to your gear display... It's already there and this portion of the US display is essentially unused. I guess I just don't understand why you would argue that adding this is undesirable. If anything not having this display could be a safety issue as people might be distracted trying to view the speed numbers behind the steering wheel!

·
Registered
87 Posts
As much as I love my Evoque, omitting a MPH digital readout while including one that displays kilometers for U.S. cars may be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen from a car manufacturer. I'm sure it's just software as the display is there, but it only appears when you set the trip meter to show km.

Here's one of the explanations I received from R.R.

Kilometers will show digitally for you once selected. So once you’ve crossed into Canada you’ll change the Digital display to show KM/H… The lack of “NOISE” (additional numerals) on the speedo allows the driver to remain focused more on the road; one quick glance at the Speedo…no confusion as to how fast one is traveling. The graphics are cleaner and clearer than other manufacturers.

So once I cross over into Canada, which will be...never, I'll be all set up.

It's not enough of an issue to make me want to part with the car, but it certainly makes me scratch my head. I have been using the km/h readout and translating, but everything else is changed such as MPG, total miles etc. They need to fix this.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am in Canada and live in the metric system.... I am really pleased with the digital readout....the genius engineers at Land Rover should be punished for not making it convert to American mph considering how huge the market is the USA is.

Perhaps it was Victoria Beckhams fault lol

paul

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have seen alot of people on here slagging the Evoque yet its the biggest seller to date also the reason you dont have a readout on the american market is because your not allowed it was omitted for the fact it seems you guys cannot do 2 things at once as if you look at the rest of the market it is there as an option if you don't like it ask to have a far east cluster fitted and you can have that option.But be ready for a nice bill as you will then have to re key learn and transfer mileage across but good luck. Also we dont put the same feature's on both LD and RR as they are 2 different markets

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just a note regarding the compass. We do have one. You need to turn on off road on the nav system. Play with the views and a nice compass will pop up.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have seen alot of people on here slagging the Evoque yet its the biggest seller to date also the reason you dont have a readout on the american market is because your not allowed it was omitted for the fact it seems you guys cannot do 2 things at once as if you look at the rest of the market it is there as an option if you don't like it ask to have a far east cluster fitted and you can have that option.But be ready for a nice bill as you will then have to re key learn and transfer mileage across but good luck. Also we dont put the same feature's on both LD and RR as they are 2 different markets
Is the above verbiage in the Queen's English? Being from the colonies (USA), I've read the above 3 times and still don't have a clue as to what it means.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This has actually been a feature I've really missed since taking possession of my '13 Evoque last year. I spent an hour reading the manual and looking through settings trying to find how to turn it on. My last 3 vehicles have had a digital speedometer (or at least option to have it on) in addition to the analog. It's just easier to quick glance. Ironically I had a 2014 for a loaner the other day and the digital speed display is now there as standard (mph OR kmh - whichever unit is set in setups). Thinking it maybe was a hidden setting the tech could enable in programming, I asked my advisor about it. Was told the earlier MYs would probably not see an update to add it. Like gimme, it's not enough to make me get rid of my Evoque, but bugs me enough that I called LR owner care. Product Managers need voice of the customer. Being a PM myself, if enough prior MY owners in the US voice it, perhaps they'll acknowledge it and make an update available. It's nothing but a software update. Cool to see it made it to the '14 (along with that sweet 9-speed transmission)!

·
Registered
89 Posts
To fold in the mirrors when entering an tight parking spot or the drive through car wash. Go to the buttons used to adjust the mirrors and press both the Left and Right at the same time. They will fold in.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just a note regarding the compass. We do have one. You need to turn on off road on the nav system. Play with the views and a nice compass will pop up.
Thanks for the info, but if you don't have the navigation system on your Evoque you don't have a compass.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts