Evoque Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched for several days for some information on the process of removing the radiator from my evoque. To my surprise, I have found nothing. The plastic tank on the passenger side (US Model) developed a pretty severe leak this past week on a trip to Toronto Canada area. I was able to Patch the Tank with some epoxy, but it is still leaking a little. I want to replace the radiator with a new one that I have already purchased. But before I start, I would LOVE to hear some tips on the removal/replacement process. I am a fairly good mechanic and if I was at home, I probably would just tear into it. But since I am staying at a Air BnB, I kinda don't want to waste a lot of time figuring things out.

So Please, if there is someone that has some pointers/tips/information related to the Evoque Radiator replacement, Please reply and let me know what you got.

Thanks
Vince

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one has ever pulled a radiator from an Evoque... Amazing

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, Thanks for your reply! But needless to say YouTube was the first place I looked and YES this video shows how to DISCONNECT the radiator. It does not show how to get it out of a COMPLETE car. The frontend is still on my car and it is still drivable. I just need to know what I need to remove in order to pull the radiator. Also whether there is a way to pull the radiator without evacuating the AC system.

If you have some more information that would assist in this, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know if anyone really needs to know any of this, but here is a run down on what I found out.

In order to replace your radiator, you will have to have the AC Evacuated. I could find no way around that. SO if you want to replace your radiator you will have to spend the money to have that done and then have it recharged.

The mechanical portion of this will require the removal of the front bumper cover and the trim, to include the Grill components.. When you get to this point, you basic can follow the video mentioned above. This would be easier with the assistance of another person, but it can be done by yourself. Just be careful when removing your components not to scratch them.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts