Evoque Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any hear rattling king if noise from Panaromic roof which annoys me lot?? If any hears or have this problem let me know.?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Are you sure it's the roof? Does it rattle when open, closed or both? I hear what I describe as a vibrating plastic rattle and I swear it's coming from the rear passenger side seatbelt at the shoulder level. Mine doesn't do it all the time and I can't ride in the back and drive at the same time so...I turn the music up!:cool:

·
Registered
242 Posts
There is little to insulate the rear seat belts from rattling against the door panels. I keep both my rear seat belts latched to prevent this.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Mine seems to rattle/buzz where the shoulder strap comes out near your shoulder. I did the same thing with the seatbelts buckled, but still have an intermittent noise from the shoulder strap area. I should point out that mine is a coupe so the interior panels are long where the 4 door rear doors are.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do you have the roof rack bars installed

mine rattles when i have the roof rack bars on and stops when they are off.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Like you rkrenek I to have a very annoying rattle from the sunglasses holder in the MY'14. So much so that I am unable to use the bluetooth function for calls because of the noise transmitted to the microphone in close proximity.
My dealer has ordered a new overehead console to hopefully fix the problem. This started with the sunglasses holder not flipping down with each press.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dealer replaced roof console and the rattle seems to have gone. Folks on the other end of the phone when I use bluetooth are happy now too!

·
Registered
21 Posts
The rattles on the Evoque are the only thing that disappoint me about this car. I have a 2013 and its been in service at least 4 times for rattles, but luckily they always been fixed. I've had a rattle from the overhead console (on the 2013 model, there is no sunglass holder, it turned out to be a loose TPMS component), tailgate (loose bolt), creaky doors (defective door rubbers), and now from drivers side B-pillar. The latest one is because the dealer removed and reinstalled the B-pillar panel as part of investigating/repairing the creaky doors, so they created it and will fix it.

Its a fun car to drive and own, if only they could improve the build quality!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,I have the same problem and I think it is the seat belt pivot disc where the seat belt come through,put tape on mine to prove it and seems that is what it is,trying to find out if the unit comes out to rectify this fault

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi,I have the same problem and I think it is the seat belt pivot disc where the seat belt come through,put tape on mine to prove it and seems that is what it is,trying to find out if the unit comes out to rectify this fault

I know this is a very old post, but has anyone else experienced this rattle that appears to come from where the seat belt comes out at the top? I reach over and try to push in that area to see if I can get it to stop, but I never can. Has anyone successful fixed this rattle?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts