Evoque Forums banner

201 - 214 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
MPG Update

Interesting assertion regarding the on-board versus actual. I haven't done so on my Evoque yet, but on 7 of the previous 12 new cars I've owned I've compared long term MPG calculated using traditional manual methods to the on-board and found the two well aligned (the other 5 cars predated on-boards). I understand that while idling registers 0 MPG on the on-board, the actual quickly transitions from MPG to GPM (I think idling may have the largest negative impact on MPG so thanks for Auto Stop!) At the other extreme, every on-board I've had has been limited to a max of 99 MPG while actual coasting down a long grade at 65 MPH is probably more like 200+ MPG. Anyway, my long-term data suggests the on-board errors must cancel each other out because results of the two methods are within a 10th or two. My 7-car data history covers very different efficiencies; a 300ZX Twin Turbo modified to 460HP, a Maxima, a Prius, 2 Murano, a CX5, and a Titan 5.6L V8 4WD.

·
Registered
7 Posts
On the Ingenium 2.0l Diesel 178BHP I get approx just over 50 MPG motorway driving, around 70 mph. In town I get 35mpg. I have about 3K miles on the clock now so I am now getting much better MPG. Obviously with diesels they take longer to warm up so if you're driving short urban journeys you won't get that but I usually drive 6 miles into town and then usually back or 10 miles into town and park-up. I live in a village in Hertfordshire, so a bit out in sticks. I spoke to a tuner that remapped my BMW 120d he reckons I could get close 360 lb-ft.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello!I just bought an Evoque with only 2000 miles.The consumption of fuel is very high. In city and driving moderately consumes 10 MPG. In HWY 16 MPG. On average driving in city the full tank only gives approximately 180 miles.I think the expense of gasoline is very exaggerated.Can you advise me something before taking it to mechanical service?What is the fuel consumption of your Evoque ??Thanks and greetings to all!!! 2.0L I-4 Cyl 240 HP9-SPEED AUTOMATIC4X4.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hello!I just bought an Evoque with only 2000 miles.The consumption of fuel is very high. In city and driving moderately consumes 10 MPG. In HWY 16 MPG. On average driving in city the full tank only gives approximately 180 miles.I think the expense of gasoline is very exaggerated.Can you advise me something before taking it to mechanical service?What is the fuel consumption of your Evoque ??Thanks and greetings to all!!! 2.0L I-4 Cyl 240 HP9-SPEED AUTOMATIC4X4.

On My 2015 on the latest tank it reported 24.6 but the calculation was 22.6. It always seems to report 2 mpg higher than it actually gets. This was a mix of city and highway driving and I was trying to take it easy to get really good mileage. I have never checked this but if I had a tank with mostly city driving and I was taking off hard at the traffic lights every time I wouldn't be surprised for it to get 15mpg. But yours sounds very low. I am not sure I have ever heard of any Evoque getting mileage that bad. Did you calculated it or was that what was reported by the vehicle?

·
Registered
10 Posts
MY17 HSE - 19.08 mpg avgerage @ 7000:eek:dometer > mainly city stop & go traffic. Max 25.9 mpg / Min 15.6 mpg

Overall opinion - ok to poor gas mileage rating... Definately not close to the values posted on the spec sheet. (Sticker)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello!
Thanks for your opinion!
I did both, that is, I compared the results indicated and it was indicating the car against the reality. I did this for 10 fuel tanks. Driving moderately in the city, driving lightly on the traffic lights and signals, the best average was 12 MPG. In HWY at 65 MPH the best average was 17 MPG.
The capacity of the full tank is 18.5 American gallons (70 liters). In no case the full tank has given me more than 220 Miles: That is, its best performance in prudent driving conditions has only given me 220 miles. It means that the average consumption is 12.4 MPG.
I spoke with the head of services at Land Rover and he told me it was a normal fuel expense in a climate as hot as Miami and about a 4X4.
They will check it in 1 month.
I still think it is very exaggerated and if so I'll change it for another car.
I have had all kinds of cars, 8 cylinders 4x4, turbos and none of my cars gave such high fuel consumption.

·
Registered
23 Posts
'18 HSE Deluxe Convertible, Ingenium 2.0 (gasoline). 2400 miles. Getting 23 indicated, 22 measured on regular. Maybe 50% top down. Driver's climate seat on mid-cool much of the time.

Some local driving, but 2-4 days a week a 17-mile 35-minute drive to a nature preserve where I volunteer.
(About 10 traffic lights, and speed zones of 20,50,40,45,35,30,35,25,45,50,60,50,60,50,60 and 15).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Note To Self: When I took delivery of my HSE 2017 (Same Config Like Yours Below) -- my gas mileage followed the same trend. Over time (> 3.5K miles) the MPG started to trend downwards. On a 90% highway interval - I will get 23 mpg. On a 70% city interval (Stop & Go), I will get 19 mpg. During this years Winter Season (snow / low temps) - I was averaging 15-17 mpg. During this period - the auto engine off mode was not working. I got it fix since then, but DO NOT notice a significant gas savings. I will post again how the "beast" guzzles gas during the Summer season ;)

'18 HSE Deluxe Convertible, Ingenium 2.0 (gasoline). 2400 miles. Getting 23 indicated, 22 measured on regular. Maybe 50% top down. Driver's climate seat on mid-cool much of the time.

Some local driving, but 2-4 days a week a 17-mile 35-minute drive to a nature preserve where I volunteer.
(About 10 traffic lights, and speed zones of 20,50,40,45,35,30,35,25,45,50,60,50,60,50,60 and 15).

·
Registered
15 Posts
2017/10/14: Interesting assertion regarding the on-board versus actual. I haven't done so on my Evoque yet, but on 7 of the previous 12 new cars I've owned I've compared long term MPG calculated using traditional manual methods to the on-board and found the two well aligned (the other 5 cars predated on-boards). I understand that while idling registers 0 MPG on the on-board, the actual quickly transitions from MPG to GPM (I think idling may have the largest negative impact on MPG so thanks for Auto Stop!) At the other extreme, every on-board I've had has been limited to a max of 99 MPG while actual coasting down a long grade at 65 MPH is probably more like 200+ MPG. Anyway, my long-term data suggests the on-board errors must cancel each other out because results of the two methods are within a 10th or two. My 7-car data history covers very different efficiencies; a 300ZX Twin Turbo modified to 460HP, a Maxima, a Prius, 2 Murano, a CX5, and a Titan 5.6L V8 4WD.

UPDATE 2018/05/07: I purchased my 2017 HSE Dynamic (L4 gasoline) on June 30, 2017 and it now has enough miles for a valid MPG average. I've tracked fuel economy both manually and with the on-board computer since day one. I now have 11,677 miles and the on-board claims 27.0 MPG which corresponds nicely to my manual result of 26.26. About 85% of my miles are city, and unfortunately, about 90% of my miles were in "D" with paddles disabled, driving conservatively.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I have a 2.0ltr td4 and the Ave is 40.2 mpg I have seen 52.3 once when I was trying, keeping below the speed limit and reading the road ahead. Allowing slow acceleration and minimal brakes. I couldn't keep driving like that, it's to much fun using the power on cross country roads.

·
Registered
215 Posts
2017/10/14: Interesting assertion regarding the on-board versus actual. I haven't done so on my Evoque yet, but on 7 of the previous 12 new cars I've owned I've compared long term MPG calculated using traditional manual methods to the on-board and found the two well aligned (the other 5 cars predated on-boards). I understand that while idling registers 0 MPG on the on-board, the actual quickly transitions from MPG to GPM (I think idling may have the largest negative impact on MPG so thanks for Auto Stop!) At the other extreme, every on-board I've had has been limited to a max of 99 MPG while actual coasting down a long grade at 65 MPH is probably more like 200+ MPG. Anyway, my long-term data suggests the on-board errors must cancel each other out because results of the two methods are within a 10th or two. My 7-car data history covers very different efficiencies; a 300ZX Twin Turbo modified to 460HP, a Maxima, a Prius, 2 Murano, a CX5, and a Titan 5.6L V8 4WD.

UPDATE 2018/05/07: I purchased my 2017 HSE Dynamic (L4 gasoline) on June 30, 2017 and it now has enough miles for a valid MPG average. I've tracked fuel economy both manually and with the on-board computer since day one. I now have 11,677 miles and the on-board claims 27.0 MPG which corresponds nicely to my manual result of 26.26. About 85% of my miles are city, and unfortunately, about 90% of my miles were in "D" with paddles disabled, driving conservatively.

That is a huge improvement over earlier models. Mine reports 22.5 but I measure about 20.5. My driving is mostly driving to work which is a 2 mile 1 2 traffic light drive to the interstate. Then an 8 minute drive on the interstate with little traffic then a 10 minute drive on an empty hwy with some curves but no stopping. Even if I drive conservatively I never get more than about 23.5 reported.

·
Registered
3 Posts
MY2020 with around 5K Kms. I am averaging about 11.4 to 11.9/100km. Pretty bad numbers. Considering my low mileage, I assume these numbers would increase with time. Anyone in a similar boat?

201 - 214 of 214 Posts