Evoque Forums banner

161 - 180 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
After about 3000 miles, I routinely get 24-25 mpg (according to computer). Mix of highway/ city commute. Have gone between D and S and didn't see a big change either way. Was hoping for a bit more but I'm ok with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Evoque MPG

Okay so it's been a little over a year now since, I just still wanted to post the numbers on my 2013 Evoque 2 weeks ago I did another typical Las Vegas - Los Angeles Rd Trip @ 80Mph with Cruise Control all the way Came out to be 19.8MPG on a fresh tank of 91 and reset on the gauge. So not much difference since it rolled off the lot almost 2 years ago........ (now has 23860 Miles), Last week Did the same road trip but with a 980 Pound Utility Trailer (empty Inside) go figure 12.5 MPG LOL I couldn't make it to Los Angeles from Las Vegas with one tank LOL

Now last Thursday I purchased a new 2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually 4x4 with the 6.6L Duramax Diesel guess what 15MPG in the city! :cool: but I have to be honest it was about 15Mpg still doing the round trip to Las Vegas - Los Angeles @80Mph cruise control all the way...........

Looks like I'll just drive the truck around as they are getting similar MPG I guess the Evoque is gonna sit in the garage and collect dust.............these cars have very bad resell value so might as well just keep it.......

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am new to the forum and was looking specifically at actual gas mileage on the Evoque. Having read

My evoque has 10K miles on it and just had an SW upgrade and a fix on the clicking sound coming from the front axile. After SW upgrade, I noticed the gas mileage indicated by the computer has gone down significantly, but closer to reality. By my calculation so far, I think I am getting 10MPG local, and 17 MPG highway....50% less than the 20 - 28 estimated.

Just last week, the engine light came on, and I had the dealer checked it out. The result was that the fuel injectors will have to be replaced. I am hoping that the fuel injectors is the root cause of all the jerking (while driving in stop/go traffic) and low gas mileage. The part is going to take 2 months before they arrive, and I cant wait to have them replaced and test out the gas mileage.
Will circle back here.
Mine Did that same when it had like 6000 Miles on it stupid Range Rover...................

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check your air pressure in your tires and change your air filter.

Then again if most of your commute is bumper to bumper like I said above, a lot of your drive is 0 miles to the gallon while idling.

16 MPG seems too low leaving me to believe there as to be a reason for excessive consumption.
Looks Like I'm replying nearly a whole year later LOL

Nono I always check my air pressure air filter I guess I change every time when the dealership tells me to?

I dunno It was like that the first day it rolled of the dealership ...... I just got a new truck and do the same commute gets decent MPG so I'll just drive the truck now........

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've had my Evoque over a year now. Up until last month my average MPG was 24 combined. I reset the computer every few fill ups and it always leveled off at 24.

Last month I had the dealer update my Evoque with all the latest service bulletins and now my average is 22 MPG combined. I'm guessing that since my 9 speed transmission now starts in 1st gear that's just the trade off I have to live with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Real world mileage

I'd really like to know the real world gas mileage the evoque can produce. Please let us know what you have been getting?
I have the 2015 Dynamic and only get 24 MPG on the highway doing 75 mph. I slowed down just to try to improve it but the best I've gotten is 25 on the highway, my gas mileage has not reached anything near the 31 (hwy) quoted yet. I only have 1800 miles so maybe once its broken in it will improve. If not I hope they do like Hyundai did......give gas rebates.....the expected high gas mileage is one of the main reasons for purchasing the vehicle; premium isn't cheap either.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've had my 2012 Evoque for about a year and a half now and have 31000ish miles on it. To date, my combined fuel economy(measured, not as displayed by the computer) is 21.08 MPG.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I get 17 city and 23 highway. Mixed about 20. Downhill it will get 28 but going back up the same way drops to average back to 23-24. The computer is almost always exactly 9% higher than my actual mileage. So it's important to state if your mileage is actually calculated by miles/gallons or if it's the computer's calculation. Wish it were higher! I can't see how they can get away with a sticker rating of 30 highway! That's absurd.

·
Registered
335 Posts
drive 65 and tell us what you get. That is what mosts highway tests are done at. With SUV's ~ every 5mph you lose 1 mpg.
I haven't done any long trips yet and car is just breaking in but whenever I get on highway within 10-15 miles i see 25mpg + at 75. No complaints. I'm sure it would be 27-28 at 65 but only qtips drive that slow now.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I get 23-24 doing 65 calculated by hand on a full tank and all highway miles. If I compare to the computer, the computer is 9% higher until 5000 miles than 7% higher after. Nothing close to 30mpg for my 2015. Note the new Discovery with the same engine is only rated at 26mph hwy..... hmmmm...... I think Land Rover tricked us all!

·
Registered
335 Posts
People buying these LUXURY vehicles for mileage , unfortunately are the folks that ended up giving us the lousy 9 speed tranny. I don't give a damn if I get 24 or 28mpg highway. I'm already doing 50-100% better than a big Range Rover. Good enough for me.

·
Registered
518 Posts
While the Evoque may be considered a compact SUV is surely isn't a light weight econo-box!:confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I purchased a 2012 US 4 cylinder gas Evogue "Prestigue" 4 Door new. I drive primarily highways and city streets in the San Diego area - about 70% highway with plenty of traffic by distance. After 134 fuel-ups documented I average 17.1 MPG. While that is horrible for a Prius, it's outstanding for an SUV. On highway trips to Orange County or out to the desert I average 22-23 MPG. My best recorded mileage is 23.9 MPG. You can check out the recordings on the Fuelly - Bigfoot.

·
Registered
335 Posts
BTW another thing they did trying to get unrealistic mileage out of the Evoque was pump up the tires. The 20's are supposed to be set to 36/32. This is ironic in a 4000 lb vehicle. At the same time , my 5300 lb X35d tire placard for the 18's is 32/36. It rides very well at those pressures and they're RFT's. I have found 34/30 to be plenty in the Evoque. Actually, today its so damn cold in New England that tires are running at the equivalent of 31/27. Guess what, car rides like a dream now. My intent is to let 34/30 be max pressures vehicle sees. I'll consider 32/28 to 34/30 to be optimal unless I load it up for a trip.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I think 25+mpg at 75-80 mph is pretty damn good for a 3900 lb SUV! At 65 it would easily be 27-28 mpg but that is BORING!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks BigFoot, your results match mine pretty much exactly. I find it frustrating to hear of people getting 25+ mpg and thinking 65 would be 27-28 because it just aint so. I drove 60mph and on flat ground got only 24.0 mpg. Also the computer is 7-8% higher than actual. Every other small SUV with our engine is rated at 26 mph highway just like the new Discovery. How Land Rover got to put 30 on the sticker is absurd.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Guys, perhaps the Evoque likes high altitude? In CO, I routinely get 27mpg on a commute of about 40 minutes to work one way. I usually drive around 70mph on the way to work and around 75-80mph on the way home. This is on a 2014 Dynamic... I do drive like a "Grandpa" if you ask my wife though, hahaha. I don't accelerate crazy or anything like that, just drive a car like it's meant to be driven. I am very happy with my mpg results.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Guys, perhaps the Evoque likes high altitude? In CO, I routinely get 27mpg on a commute of about 40 minutes to work one way. I usually drive around 70mph on the way to work and around 75-80mph on the way home. This is on a 2014 Dynamic... .
Is that the computer / instrument cluster claiming you get 27mpg or are you actually calculating it by hand?? High altitude compensations are handled in many ways inside the ECU, yes it pulls out fuel but only because there is less air. Maybe the compensations have an effect. But we would need real fuel mileage calculations for comparison. Since you don't have the CA extra 2% ethanol, and the computer being off by 7-9% then you are likely getting 25mpg freeway which is almost 1 more than I am with the CA gas. That would all make sense if your instrument cluster is reading 27mpg.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is that the computer / instrument cluster claiming you get 27mpg or are you actually calculating it by hand?? High altitude compensations are handled in many ways inside the ECU, yes it pulls out fuel but only because there is less air. Maybe the compensations have an effect. But we would need real fuel mileage calculations for comparison. Since you don't have the CA extra 2% ethanol, and the computer being off by 7-9% then you are likely getting 25mpg freeway which is almost 1 more than I am with the CA gas. That would all make sense if your instrument cluster is reading 27mpg.

My 27-28 mpg realizations on a 2014 Dynamic are hand calculated. I agree that my computer instrument display routinely states better than my hand-calculated numbers...but I am anal so I always hand calculate...

161 - 180 of 213 Posts