Evoque Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am installing new rotors and pads on a family members 13 Evoque. I got the front done and started the back. I tried putting P brake in maintenance mode but couldn't get it to work after 4 or 5 tries. So I just left ignition on with the P brake off. Shortly after pulling the caliper the car turned off automatically and then the P brake set pushing the piston out. Is their anyway to get the P brake to to release and put the piston back in? Or am I screwed and need to get a new caliper? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Side note: (chock the wheels and) keep the P button depressed when you turn off the car. The parking brake will not engage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Side note: (chock the wheels and) keep the P button depressed when you turn off the car. The parking brake will not engage.
There is a hack. You need to go online and Google it. I had the same thing happened to me with my first evoke when I change the brakes. But you will be able to release the rear parking brakes with the car off. It’s a YouTube hack Google it

·
Registered
11 Posts
How to select Neutral with car off
1. Turn on ignition
2. Press brake pedal and hold
3. With brake pedal pressed, pull the + transmission paddle, and hold for more than 10 seconds.
4. The gear selector will rise and you can select neutral.

How to put Park Brake in Service Mode (changing rear brake pads)
  1. Select Neutral & Ignition On
  2. Press and hold both PB & Accelerator
  3. Press start (to go off) and then again (to turn on)
  4. Wait until PB Motor stops whirring and display states PB in Maintenance mode
How to put Park Brake out of Service Mode - same but pull on the PB

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually figured out a really simple way. If you take the motor off the back of the caliper you can put a T45 socket in the back of the caliper it will retract the P brake and all you have to do is push the piston back in like a normal caliper.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I actually figured out a really simple way. If you take the motor off the back of the caliper you can put a T45 socket in the back of the caliper it will retract the P brake and all you have to do is push the piston back in like a normal caliper.
Yep, that works for so many makes these days. You can also use a 12VDC source with some small leads and alligator clips to manually engage the actuator motor the same way the car would tell it to when you start it. You just have to make sure you have the polarity correct when you reach in for the terminals, which is simple trial and error, really. Just don't stall the motor for long with power to it and you'll be fine. In this vein, I also found that if you're doing it by hand like this, make sure you spin it back to being engaged when you're all done, since this is the state the car will be expecting them to be in when you start it back up, if you opted not to put it in service mode. This will avoid throwing errors, which in my experience took about a week for it to finally re-calibrate the rear e-brake settings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts