Evoque Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced a buzz -- not quite a rattle -- coming from the rear compartment, perhaps in the cargo hold? It manifests around certain rough terrain or when a loud motorcycle is idling/going by. I hate to take this to the dealer and be 'that guy' .. would like to diagnose myself. Not serious, just an annoyance.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I had a buzzing vibration on certain rough road surfaces. It was the sliding roof mechanism/motor in the rear ceiling. Next time you hear it open the shade and see if that eliminates it. If yes, your dealer can fix it.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now that you mention it it does seem like the noise is coming from a higher location. I'll check out the shade (though I usually drive with the shade open anyhow). What did you all say when you went to the dealer? I don't want them to tear apart my car...

And I'll try the rear seatbelts...

·
Registered
251 Posts
I was able to isolate the noise by hitting the electric motor area with my fist, thus duplicating the sound. It only occured when the sunshade was closed and when I opened the shade, while driving, the sound stopped. I too was concerned about them tearing the roof liner up but they did with no apparant resultand damage cosmetically or mechanically.

·
Registered
482 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts