Evoque Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I am trying to replace the license plate on my 2012 Evoque. The screws just turn so apparently there is a problem with the mounting bracket and seems I will have to remove the whole bracket and replace it. Does anyone have any experience with this issue and if so did you remove the mounting bracket or is there a more simple way resolve this issue? Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
VC

·
Registered
1 Posts
When replacing my number plates, I didn’t have the problem as such you had with the screws just turning... but due to getting larger euro spec number plates I did take the rear bracket off (take of the pop-rivets) and then screwed the new number plates on with out any damage.
So if you can get the plates off I would suggest ditching the plastic bracket entirely.
HK

·
Registered
54 Posts
In the U.K. there is no mounting bracket, the plates were screwed directly into the bumpers. I have just replaced my plates with private ones, I used 3m tape rather than screws, so there are no holes in the new plates.
08B3EA87-6A10-4B23-935C-02663E195118.jpeg
6B7697CB-A9B0-440D-AAF2-FA8D3A95151D.jpeg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When replacing my number plates, I didn’t have the problem as such you had with the screws just turning... but due to getting larger euro spec number plates I did take the rear bracket off (take of the pop-rivets) and then screwed the new number plates on with out any damage.
So if you can get the plates off I would suggest ditching the plastic bracket entirely.
HK
Thanks. I'll give it a try. Any recommendation on how to remove the rivitted rear bracket off? Don't want to crack the bracket on the bumper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts