Evoque Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I have a very straight rear power booth issue. When car is running the rear booth works perfectly. But once ignition off, the power rear booth (tail gate) will not auto lift up when button press. Can hear the lock clicking sound, but the rear motor lifter just don’t work.
Funny is once car running, all seem good.

so far rear booth control module, rear Hydralic unit, rear booth lock have been change. I have event swap a used booth lid suspecting that it has gone out of shape.
Dispite all these the rear booth problrm still not solve.

hope some1 here can assist me with these.
Thank you

·
Registered
89 Posts
How is your battery charge? Try charging the battery and see if it works with the engine off once it’s fully charged.
How old is your battery? It may be that it need replacing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I had the same problem as you before. What happened was my car main battery went flat before I replaced it. When the battery charge is low, the car computer will cut off certain electronics like power lift gate or you called it rear power booth in order to save power.

The workshop which replaced my battery has failed to perform a battery bms reset after replacing it.
Without doing the bms reset ,the car computer will think that no new battery has been replaced and the old data kept telling the car once the engine is off, it will cut off power to power lift gate to conserve energy but not affecting normal stuff like starting the car.

I did many alot research until I found the below YouTube. This is applicable to our car too. Just visit a workshop who have the diagnostic tools to access our car to do the battery bms reset.

You may see the video here. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
By the way I saw you are from Singapore. Me too
My name is Daryl. You can WhatsApp me at 97670328 for more details.

·
Registered
2 Posts
what kind of device do you use to learn the battery on the car.
Best regards
Hi I had the same problem as you before. What happened was my car main battery went flat before I replaced it. When the battery charge is low, the car computer will cut off certain electronics like power lift gate or you called it rear power booth in order to save power.

The workshop which replaced my battery has failed to perform a battery bms reset after replacing it.
Without doing the bms reset ,the car computer will think that no new battery has been replaced and the old data kept telling the car once the engine is off, it will cut off power to power lift gate to conserve energy but not affecting normal stuff like starting the car.

I did many alot research until I found the below YouTube. This is applicable to our car too. Just visit a workshop who have the diagnostic tools to access our car to do the battery bms reset.

You may see the video here. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi think there are many devices you can find on internet. But they are not cheap. Just visit a car workshop. I am sure they have this device.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts