Evoque Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Look on page 225 and 226 of your owners manual. There are two rear panels that appear to be easily removed (This is for access to emergency towing hooks.) Perhaps when these are removed you will have access to the hardware holding the middle rear panel in place.

I may be removing the the front and rear plastic skid plates on my Evoque to replace them with aftermarket stainless ones.

·
Super Moderator
560 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just curious why you want stainless steel skid plates? Let us know if you see pics of them? I have the Fuji Whie with grey skidplates and think black would look better.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you find the stainless or metal skid plates to replace the standard plastic ones, please let me know where you found them. I have been looking for them as well. I would also like to find a bull bar for the front, but there is nothing that I have found that I like yet.

Rob

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you find the stainless or metal skid plates to replace the standard plastic ones, please let me know where you found them. I have been looking for them as well. I would also like to find a bull bar for the front, but there is nothing that I have found that I like yet.

Rob
I have them(haven't installed yet). I found them on ebay. They're different for the dynamic model vs the pure/prestige. Both are available. About $320 for the pair.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have them(haven't installed yet). I found them on ebay. They're different for the dynamic model vs the pure/prestige. Both are available. About $320 for the pair.
Ebay is where I saw them. Stainless rather than plastic looks better in my opinion as it makes the Evoque look more upscale.

Let me know how the installation goes. If any drilling is required stainless steel can be quite a challenge.

·
Super Moderator
560 Posts
Here is a link to a video showing quite a bit of "bling" for the rear of the Evoque, including rear skid plates in Stainless Steel. This video will let you see what the skid plates look like in real life,
and an idea of how they install.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ebay is where I saw them. Stainless rather than plastic looks better in my opinion as it makes the Evoque look more upscale.

Let me know how the installation goes. If any drilling is required stainless steel can be quite a challenge.
The rears require drilling two holes into the underpart of the bumper, so I haven't done it yet. The front is super simple to install.

I actually purchased the parts to use as plugs for pulling molds and making the skid plates out of carbon fiber and kevlar. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts