Evoque Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tackled this job? I've ordered the bushings. Gotten one removed, but I cannot for anything figure out how you get the new ones in. The thing is made bigger than the hole. Not to mention how cheaply these things are made. I am wondering if it would be less trouble to just have some solid bushings made and take the sacrifice of a little cabin rattle.

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus
2 Posts
Has anyone tackled this job? I've ordered the bushings. Gotten one removed, but I cannot for anything figure out how you get the new ones in. The thing is made bigger than the hole. Not to mention how cheaply these things are made. I am wondering if it would be less trouble to just have some solid bushings made and take the sacrifice of a little cabin rattle.

This is all I could find.
Uni-Body, Subframe and Mounting System - Front Subframe Rear Bushing
Removal and Installation
Special Tool(s)
Removal
NOTE: Some variation in the illustrations may occur, but the essential information is always correct.
204-598
Hydraulic Cylinder 10t
204-598-01
Remover/Installer, Subframe Bushing Guide

1. WARNING: Make sure to support the vehicle with axle stands. Raise and support the vehicle.
2. Refer to: Front Subframe (502-00 Uni-Body, Subframe and Mounting System, Removal and Installation).

CAUTION: Mark the components to aid installation.
Special tool 204-598-01/8 is used to start the bushing removal process, and must be removed after the bushing has released, as it will not pass through the sub-frame bushing aperture. Remove the bushing.
Special Tool(s): 204-598, 204-598-01

Installation

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is one hell of a crap ass design from LR. the aluminum surrounding the mount is paper thin, as well they didnt even fill the mount with rubber. I mean really.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is making this horrible clicking sound. After putting it on jack stands and going from forward to reverse, i can see the bushings moving enough to hit the metal washer as well as going back and hitting the frame. It's really annoying.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's ok traded in today. So just have the disco for now, till we find a good deal on another evoque or a velar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts