Evoque Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week after we bought our Evoque we started to have problems with the rear tail gate not working. When we hit the button to close it it would not do anything. Plus it was an intermittent problem, luckly it was not working for the dealer when I took it in.
Turns out it was the rear shocks that control it went out. Please be aware of this if you have the same problem. We were the first with this issue, at least what Land Rover told the Dealership.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dear Bambam,
When you mentioned "rear shocks", do you mean the rear tailgate hydraulic shock?

Thanks for the info,
brazeagle

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ive had it in a few times for it. I found out how to instantly fix it but it sometimes comes back.

If you have the problem, close it. Open it again with the outside button and as its opening, push the button to close it near the top before it stops by itself. It should work after that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dear Bambam,
When you mentioned "rear shocks", do you mean the rear tailgate hydraulic shock?

Thanks for the info,
brazeagle
Yes, They replaced them because a motor or a sensor went out in one of them. I was the first to bring this to there attention. Make sure that we all bring this to the dealership attention.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What exactly has to be done to fix this. I have the same problem
I guess there is a sensor or motor in the tail gate shocks that went bad. So they replaced them both. The shop formen said they keep getting the code while opening the door, until they replace the parts.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Mine will be going in to have the rear hatch looked at some time in the next couple weeks. Opens fine every time, but 30% of the time it will not close. Once I close it manually it will work fine a few times again.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I had mine in to have the rear hatch fixed. They said the just re-calibrated the position sensors. They gave me a Loaner LR2 while they had it. When I came to pick it back up they had cleaned it as well.

Since the calibration I have not had any more issues with the hatch closing properly. Its only been a week so we will see after some time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had mine in 3 times for the rear hatch. They always just did a quick reset of something and sent me on my way until I called landrover myself and then I got good service and the problem actually fixed. It was more than just a simple reset for me.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well they told me they did a recalibration. So far it has not acted up again, however it is summer, so It does not get drivemn very much. Might put 500 miles a month on it in the summer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
This issue is now "officially" solved by applying LR Service Bulletin # SSM 57657. I had it done on Friday.

I cannot find the TSB data online, and the service advisor did not know if they replaced the shock or just recalibrated the sensor. I am still trying to get her to go ask a Tech.

I also had a random "low coolant level" light come on, but they just topped me off - saying there was no leak.

I suggest that you other owners all ASK FOR SSM 57657 at your next service, because they won't apply it unless you ask....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Service Advisor did call me back, by the way, and she says that SSM 57657 is a software update. I don't know if the software recallibrates the sensors or not, but whatever they did has definitely fixed the problem in my case...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just got mine back from the dealer yesterday. It's a computer update. Seems to work so far, 24 hours, but now I'm getting a "Adaptive Dynamics Fault", an amber warning triangle, loss of drive selection on the center console and a considerable stiffening in the ride.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts