Evoque Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 ed4

Have not driven evoque for a week, had heavy rain and just drove and a good half cup full of water leaked out of the rear view mirror casing onto the gear stick and display. Any ideas what this problem could be, i am going to inspect top of windscreen shortly and see if thats how the water is com8ng into this casing... photo attached
Tire Automotive tire Sleeve Bicycle tire Grey

·
Registered
23 Posts
2017 ed4

Have not driven evoque for a week, had heavy rain and just drove and a good half cup full of water leaked out of the rear view mirror casing onto the gear stick and display. Any ideas what this problem could be, i am going to inspect top of windscreen shortly and see if thats how the water is com8ng into this casing... photo attached View attachment 4758

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It happened to me as well. Apparently there was an issue of sealing the front windscreen at the factory for a period of time. I had a glass shop reinstall and minimal cost.
Ok thats interesting. Thank you.
Its weird as i have washed my car dozens of times and its never leaked but a few days of rain and its filled the casing behind the mirror up.. bizarrely

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok thats interesting. Thank you.
Its weird as i have washed my car dozens of times and its never leaked but a few days of rain and its filled the casing behind the mirror up.. bizarrely
Same here on a 2016 Evoque, screen not bonded properly from factory..refitted windscreen at cost of £125 , done in 45 minutes, now perfect

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had a chat with the garage i purchased from, he put me in touch with a colleague who refitted the screen and bonded, sealed, new trims etc for £95.

They brought a new screen just incase this current one broken when taking it out. Thankfully was not needed.

Common fault especially in the later evoques they said, they are forever resealing them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2017 ed4

Have not driven evoque for a week, had heavy rain and just drove and a good half cup full of water leaked out of the rear view mirror casing onto the gear stick and display. Any ideas what this problem could be, i am going to inspect top of windscreen shortly and see if thats how the water is com8ng into this casing... photo attached View attachment 4758
I believe a bulletin (not a recall) was issued for this. If your vehicle is still under warranty, I recall it being covered and the resolution is replacing the windshield. Call Land Rover and inquire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts