Evoque Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears Thule & Yakima have a couple of different options for Kayak carrying capability currently. We returned the factory watersport rack, as it only has the ability to transport 1 kayak....we now require 2. Has anyone on this board purchased a multiple kayak carrying system (aftermarket), and/or have any opinions either way regarding these? Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Down here in the South-east where there are lots of both white water and sea kayaks, I see alot of roof top set-ups. I have the Thule 883 glide and set for our 15' sea kayaks. I have not used them on the Evoque yet but they were great on the Discovery and the Jetta. Hauled both kayaks from Knoxville to Key West on the Jetta without a problem. I do have the rover roof rails and Thule bars with the Crossroad feet to mount to the rails. I think the best I sea is to pick one system to invest in. Rails, feet, locks, and all the roof top accoutrements should work together.

If your boats are over 50 lbs I would go with the hullavator and lift from the side rather than from the back with the glide and set system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts