Evoque Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: So i wanted to give it a little test time before I bragged!! It is a CompuStar remote starter, comes with two keychain starters.It locks and unlocks doors and starts vehicle. I forgot to confirm if it opened back door or not. oops. It also recieved a module that is called Drone Mobile, it allows complete two way control from my iphone to the Evoque, it lets me control everything from my phone and it tells me status of commands. Great!!
Not so great was $3800.00 instal fee, that was through Edmonton Ranger Rover-Jag, I'm sure they made some money off me because the got Garage Works, from Edmonton, Alberta Canada to do the work. However I am a big fan of doing stuff like that through dealer to keep warranty! Drone mobile can be found online, it costs $49.99 a year for program, cheap. Have same phone starter in my Denali for a year now zero problems.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not to sound paranoid -- I did have a Compustar in a previous Lexus vehicle -- but what security measures are there to prevent unauthorized use/opening of the vehicle? With a keyless ignition you only need to have a key inside the vehicle, not actually in an ignition lock. So I'm assuming you were required to supply a donor key to the installers to install to allow the system to start the vehicle. But what stops a thief from just opening the Evoque or even starting it? I can open my door and start the vehicle with the key firmly in my pocket so what's to stop a smart thief from doing the same if the key is there?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The donor key, yes, has the battery removed and the starter hard wired into it. When the remote starter pushed, it sends power to donor key to start vehicle. It stops when you come close to vehicle with other key phob. I also had concerns, so tried test with second key not on person, with remote sart active and running, trying to open door, put vehicle in drive etc, the vehicle stops running and alarm goes off. I believe old school tech, however working so far!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey
I don not were you get you stuff done. But there is no such thing that dealer do here in Albeta for remote start.
Not to say you a liar but if you could be specific on the name and adrress of your dealer that will be good.
Until then I will still beleive it is not true so dont brag :):eek:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts