Evoque Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was cleaning the RRE yesterday and noticed significant rust on the axle, and exhaust parts which is weird for something that should be able to go through harsh weather.

I contacted my dealer forwarding the pictures to them and he has yet to respond.

The front axle is fine, no rust whatsoever, but the back axle from wheel to wheel is rusted. I don't care if it's surface rust, it shouldn't be that bad. and the part that is on the frame is what ticks me off. I live up in Toronto Canada and the salt here is pretty bad but I make sure to clean the car every other saturday including the underbody. Had the car since Jan 28th and since then we've only had 3 significant snow falls.

Anyone else notice rust in the same areas?

rust5.jpg rust2.jpg rust3.jpg rust4.jpg

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mine's the same here in sunny California. Front is starting as well. WTF? Please let us know what the dealers says.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer Got back to me.
Told me it shouldn't be like that and to take it in.
I will be dropping by there after work tomorrow
will keep you posted.

@Gimme I'm suprised in Cali you are getting the same thing. Weird thing is, my fronts are totally fine, they look how they should be (no rust at all).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Update: so I got back from the dealer today and they said it is just superficial rust just like you would have on the break disc. And unless it breaks or makes noises then there is no need to replace it. Hmmmmm ok thanks? Anyway they cleaned it and sprayed something over it. For the price we paid for these cars there should not be superficial rust like this. Anyway I will monitor it closely maybe even put a rust inhibitor after each time I wash it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wooow...i am planned to buy one in few months..what else should I pay attention?? it sounds rare that Range Rover parts have rusted in few weeks...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The parts aren't of major concern but before you buy tell your dealer to let you see the underbody of the car you are getting and then get them to spray those parts in the rear specifically.
Seems like the fronts are sprayed and no rust there at all.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I wonder if any of the surface rust could be from the cars waiting at shipping docks near the ocean and all that saltwater in the air. Could be just one of those rare things :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine is mostly rusted. Rear muffler looks like from 1970's, my 02 Honda still has a spotless muffler. What a cheap product. Heard LR is building a factory in China... I guess they dont have to import parts then, they'll import the whole car. If given a second change I'll never buy this product. Very cheap quality for the price you pay. .

·
Registered
44 Posts
Invoke,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Anyway you can start a new thread and post up your pictures, perhaps we can get some coverage and see if Land Rover will do anything about it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
@Gimme,

Do you live near the ocean?

·
Registered
43 Posts
My 2015 undercarriage, passenger side fuel tank skid plate rotten relay bad, driver side going soon. Dealer refused to repair under warranty. We live in Boston.

RR rust 1.jpg
RR rust2.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts