Evoque Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on updating 2014 sat nav. Best price £169 any better anywhere else. Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
May I ask, how were you going to perform the update?
For Australia, there are no more updates and we have to physically upgrade to a new aftermarket system...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Check this out. It relates to UK updates, but I would have thought other regions would be available.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As far as I know, ANZ can only have the OEM system updated via a DVD from landrover navshop au; which updates have been discontinued for.

From JLR AU:
Regarding 2015 Evoque, Product team advised that the third party mapping supplier have no further updates for the Australian market.
For any eligible 2012-2016 vehicles installed with a Meridian Generation 2.1 Infotainment System, Jaguar Land Rover Australia has developed an upgrade to the infotainment system which involves an aftermarket navigation system, Apple CarPlay & Android Auto.

I have an aftermarket system now (Merryway; didn't go the dealer route), and I think it's more productive to be able to use multiple nav apps of my choice (gmaps, sygic) rather than be locked into the OEM system. My main one now is sygic.
I get map updates monthly, and can download/update in about 10-15 minutes with good network reception.
So that's also something to think about.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Hadakajime,

I installed the Merry well unit and have lost rear view camera and GPS keeps cutting out, searching for location. Any set up tips you can give me please.

Jameza.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Which GPS antenna are you connected to? The OEM one or the crappy aftermarket one that comes in the box?
I recommend connecting to the OEM one. I get a lock in seconds. Otherwise i also had problems with the aftermarket one where it just couldn't pick up a signal.

For rear view camera, make sure the cable is hooked up correctly, then go into Settings from the merryway dashboard and try out different values under the Rear View option. I had an aftermarket 360 camera system installed, so I'm running with Add On Camera AHD. Otherwise does the camera output anything when you access it from the Original menu?

I also recommend getting a hotspot to provide a data connection which helps with Network Time and Cell Triangulation when you're underground.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts