Evoque Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I bought my CPO - 2013 Prestige from my local San Diego Land Rover dealership I decided to purchase the optional "Dent Wizard - Ding Shield" (GAI Warranty Company) Cosmetic Alloy Wheel protection plan.
The other day I scratched my right front 20" alloy wheel on a broken curb stop. (see pic)
Great.

Oh, well, I have an appointment to drop off my car next week so they can sublet the repair thru Dent Wizard.

I just read some terrible customer reviews about this nationwide company.
I'll update the results when I get my car back
We shall see...

Attachments

·
Registered
518 Posts
Ouch! It will be interesting to see how the repair works out. Rim protection is one of the reasons I went with a wider tire...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm....that looks like a solution.
I wonder how hard are they to install?
Not sure where the glue comes in...

Does anyone out there use these? (Alloygators)

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm not sold. I can see brushing a curb hard enough to cause this ring to partially dislodged & then it's slapping the side of the fender... Might work for a very slow parking rub against a curb, not much more.

·
Super Moderator
560 Posts
Rovingvic, I understand your thinking, but they might be tougher than you think. I have no affiliation with these folks, just thought some
members might find them useful:eek:.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I know what you mean Rsquared and I agree with you. Alloygator is an interesting potential wheel saver device and could help in some minor wheel to curb scrapes. Lord knows I have scraped a few rims over the years, the last one was on an LR2 I had and the Alloygator might have actually worked in that situation.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very interesting videos, thank you for posting....are there any members in this forum who had these Alloygator wheel protectors installed on their Evoque?

·
Super Moderator
560 Posts
I'd say for as deep as that gouge was, they did an outstanding job. Would have doubted if it good have been repaired to look that good.
Well done Dent Wizard.

·
Super Moderator
560 Posts
Ok Dusty, it's time you visited www.alloygator.com and put on a set of rim protectors. Several members of the UK Evoque forum have put these on their rims, and they love them. I think they would save you a lot of money and aggravation. Have a look at their website and let us know what you think:)

Edit: Here is a link to the UK forum, where a member has posted a picture of his wheels with the alloygators fitted.

http://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/forum/wheel-protection_topic8401_post101791.html?KW=had+to+look+twice#101791

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, I thought about those rim protectors but then wondered. What do the protectors look like on the car when they get scratched?
In any case, I have 4 years left of the optional wheel/ding dent insurance so I might as well use it....here is a photo of the wheel repair that came out great! wheel repair #2.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts