Evoque Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a second smaller battery under the hood close to the windshield. What is this battery for?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Auto stop start.

·
Super Moderator
590 Posts
There is a second smaller battery under the hood close to the windshield. What is this battery for?
Just curious, where is the "first" battery? I know that my MY2013 only has one battery. I cannot find anything in the MY2014 or MY2015 owner's manuals, about there being two batteries:)

·
Registered
518 Posts
It's under the hood or, a, bonnet!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The smaller battery is under the plastic cover (fresh air intakes) in the middle.

·
Registered
518 Posts

·
Super Moderator
590 Posts
It appears that the pictures are from a right hand drive Evoque. Looking at my Evoque, the brake fluid reservoir is where this picture shows the secondary battery. On a right hand drive Evoque
the brake fluid reservoir is under a separate cover on the right hand side of the vehicle.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I copied the pictures from a forum on the other side of the pond.

Reactions: moilaset

·
Registered
205 Posts
It appears that the pictures are from a right hand drive Evoque. Looking at my Evoque, the brake fluid reservoir is where this picture shows the secondary battery. On a right hand drive Evoque
the brake fluid reservoir is under a separate cover on the right hand side of the vehicle.

I don't really understand how this secondary battery is replaced. Like you said, on the left hand drive Evoques that battery (and the small access panel) is moved more over toward the passenger side. But when the access panel is removed all it does is barely give you access to the positive terminal. It looks like the entire plastic piece that runs the full width of the car and goes under the windshield wipers would have to be removed. And it appears that this pieces actually has a semi-permanent seal to the bottom part of the windshield. Does anyone know how to change/access this secondary battery? I haven't been able to find it in the service manual.

When did the Evoque add the Eco auto start/stop functionality with the secondary battery and twin solenoid starter? My service manual claims to be a 2015 but it doesn't mention the 9 speed transmission so it is obviously a 2013 or older manual. Since I can't find any mention of the second battery, the start/stop or a twin solenoid starter in the manual I am assuming it was added in 2014 or later.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So if your Eco start stops working it’s may be because the secondary battery has failed? Is this a dealer only part? Haven’t run across it in my search for a replacement primary battery.

·
Super Moderator
590 Posts
The second battery is used as part of the stop/start system. The MY2012 and MY2013 didn't have the stop/start feature, so they would not have the second battery.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do I have to take my car to the dealer for the second battery? Does an auto parts store have that battery?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
our My2015 battery is bad so auto start stop does not work which is great :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts