Evoque Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just posting this for general information. 18,000 miles on my 2014 Evo. Scheduled service notification on the display. Took it in to the dealer yesterday. $550 for the service. Oil change, lube, air filter, cabin filter, tire rotation. No other service needed at this time. Rear pads, alignment, tires are in "caution" zone but not needed yet.

Got in vehicle to leave and noticed the service notice still on. Mechanic must have not cleared it. They took it back to reset the message and I was on my way. Only marginally satisfied with LR of San Diego.

·
Registered
518 Posts
$550 for a couple of filters (Lube?) and an oil change! Most vehicles today have at least the first 2 years or 24,000 mile services included at no additional charge.

·
Registered
16 Posts
service

My first service was on the dealership. I was quoted $550.00 for the 2nd service, which will be in about a year. I get my tires rotated at discount tire, so I'm hoping that charge can be taken off the quote. Didn't realize how expensive maintenance was on this vehicle, I was in "wonderland" when I was in purchasing mode. Maintenance on my Honda CRV was never more than $60.00... didn't need brakes replaced, had 50,000 miles on it when I traded it in.

·
Registered
335 Posts
That's how I can afford the 5 vehicles I have. I DIY service. Costs me a few extra beers but..... All of that $550 service was ~$125 in parts. Nice fat profit for dealership! And I let the oil drain for an hour. Any car I ever get w/o an oil drain plug will have one by 1st service. Its called a drill.
If you are not the DIY type, and know a good local mechanic, let them do the service. IT HAS NO AFFECT ON THE WARRANTY AS LONG AS IT IS DOCUMENTED. Do not let the stealership lie to you. This is 100% FACT.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, I knew going in it would be a $500 glorified oil change and filter change. Dealer is about 1/2 mile from my office so it's very convenient. This will likely be the last scheduled service at the dealer, though.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Far worse than BMW, I see Land Rover as being very keen on taking advantage of "WEALTHY" auto ignorant owners. Its almost like they are very happy to coddle you with one hand while reaching into your wallet with the other. Just like they seem to be disregarding those with the troublesome trannies.. I think their mentality is to just trade it in and buy another newer one. Only recourse is to not be a repeat buyer, and to my wife's disamay that means Jaguar as well. She'd dump the Evoque in a heartbeat for a new F Pace! It would have to be a VERY generous trade in.
They are FINALLY learning about 4yr/50K sevice included it sounds like. That way they screw you upfront, and make interest profit on the service as well. hehe It certainly isn't free...but it is nice after you get by my sarcastic analogy. Truth can be a painful thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts