1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
569 Posts
Very comprehensive article, thanks for posting.

The one thing I found interesting, was there was no mention of what transmission would be used. I guess we can "assume" from that, it will be the same 9 speed that is used today?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Nothing New

How do you improve on a near perfect exterior design? Based on these 2016 photos very cautiously without any major changes. The front treatment works well. Different but nothing major. The rear sadly regresses with the new square look to the taillights. They look like the cheap aftermarket units currently available. The design is too SUV generic when compared to the original beautiful round tail lights. 'One color fits all' black rearview side mirrors cheapens the look as compared to integrated body color mirrors. How long do we have to wait to get an upgraded more powerful gas engine? The 240 hp 2.0 Ford Ecoboost engine doesn't cut it anymore. Even the 2015 Ford Edge has and upgraded version of this motor. The new Jaguar engine is only available as a diesel.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't realize that only the coupe has the hood vents apparently because I have a coupe.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Re: 2016 Evoque

A couple more comments from earlier. Looking at the front shot. As the fog lamps are now moved higher the fake air intake duct is now more revealed, meaning that its fake appearance is more pronounced - its blanked off with a no flow through plastic plate simulating a flow through grill. Bad enough to fake it in the first generation design, why now accentuate the fake appearance even further. Only cars trying to look like something they're not use this kind of artificiality. The Evoque doesn't need to use non functional visual tricks like this. On the positive the new functioning grill ducts on the front spoiler under these blanked off plates look nice. there for a real purpose.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A couple more comments from earlier. Looking at the front shot. As the fog lamps are now moved higher the fake air intake duct is now more revealed, meaning that its fake appearance is more pronounced - its blanked off with a no flow through plastic plate simulating a flow through grill. Bad enough to fake it in the first generation design, why now accentuate the fake appearance even further. Only cars trying to look like something they're not use this kind of artificiality. The Evoque doesn't need to use non functional visual tricks like this. On the positive the new functioning grill ducts on the front spoiler under these blanked off plates look nice. there for a real purpose.
In the foglight (non functioning) duct it looks like there is a duct in the top inside corner on each side. Is it just an illusion?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think its just a shadow. Is the coupe still offered for 2016? I hope so as the coupe proportions were the beautiful original show car design. The five door is a bloated version of what the designers originally created. Are we still getting the same 240 hp 2.0 Ecoboost? Even the entry level, much less expensive, Ford Edge has a new generation of this 2.0 motor – twin scroll turbo and weighing less with 245 hp and a more usable torque range. Why wasn’t the 2.3 Ecoboost as used in the Mustang the new gas engine for the Evoque? Its rated at 310 hp. Those of us that want maximum economy would purchase a U.S. version of the new Jaguar diesel (not offered.) All this makes too much good sense, and sadly good sense doesn’t prevail over focus groups and fossilized management policies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts