Evoque Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Googled that and got: "Decreased engine performance is defined as a Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Exceeded Control Limits - Pressure To."
Car would start, run anemically for a short time, shudder, then stall. When the flatbed came, the parking brake would not disengage, hence it was pulled onto the flatbed w/ rear wheels locked.
Presently awaiting diagnostics from a very busy dealership.
Anyone have experience w/ P228D?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dealership diagnosed a broken fuel injector w/ subsequent fuel leakage.

$720 cost for injector replacement was covered by our Continental Warranty, which we purchased from the dealership when we bought the vehicle used. We were told all four spk plugs and oil/filter change was necessary, but Continental disallowed coverage claiming "consequential" damage is not covered. That out of pocket expense will be close to $500.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New development. Apologetically, service writer calls to say they found a new problem, that he was surprised they didn't spot before. There is a "hairline fracture" in the exhaust manifold. They informed the warranty company which wants to inspect the part before they authorize coverage. Nothing unusual 'bout that says the SW.

My concern is that there will be additional "consequential" damage that my warranty policy won't cover. TBC.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: This is day 10 the car has been in the dealership. The warranty co. came out two days ago, performed an inspection, and approved a new manifold+turbo. Dealership informs me there will be an out of pocket expense of as much as $575 to pay for incidental hardware related to the installation (not covered by the warranty.)
Dealership informs me a recent comparable turbo replacement (no warranty involved) was billed out at $4500.
The part was supposed to arrive today, and carries a 4.8 hr time for installation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts