Evoque Forums banner

Silly question- Accessory mode?

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  rwsave 
#1 ·
When we had a cookout for my wife's birthday, I intended to use my phone (for Pandora) and the excellent stereo in the Evoque for some music. Problem is it would keep shutting down after only a few minutes... :mad:

I assume this is a protective function to keep you from inadvertently killing the battery, but enough with the nannies! Is there a way to turn on and leave on an accessory mode??

/r

Allen

#4 ·
The "accessory mode" is pretty lame in the Evoque. It is just what you've discovered, that you press start without touching the brake. It gives you about 2 minutes of time before shut down to protect the battery. I think there are earlier threads on this, but no- there is no long-term battery use unless the car is running. Bummer.

#5 ·
I get 10 minutes. Often times when I get to the parking lot at work and do not want to go in yet I turn off the engine and listen to the radio a little while longer while they finish the news segment of the morning show. I was sitting at the school the other day waiting for my daughter to finish her after school activity, noted the time I started and when the acc mode shut off, almost exactly 10 minutes. I believe I read something about it in the owners manual. I think it said something about the infotainment system takes a lot of power and the function is to protect the battery. Have you ever listened to your car after shut it off. If you sit there for a couple of minutes, you can hear several systems doing things, buzzing and clicking. The electrical system maintains an auxiliary power supply system charged so that if you do loose battery power the transmission selector switch will still work with the car shut off.

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.