Evoque Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just leased a new Evoque tonight and after driving off realised it does not have sattelite radio. Is there any way to add it with a factory reciever or do I have to replace the whole unit? I dont want to add a universal system that just sits there with wires showing. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I specifically did not want satellite radio as I plan to stream through my phone. Plus, unless something has changed, Sirius and XM make it excruciatingly difficult to cancel service. As in almost impossible.

·
Registered
87 Posts
After an interesting experience with XM/Sirius customer service I've vowed to never, ever subscribe to them again. In yelping them I discovered I'm not the only one. They've been trying to charge me for service for a car I sold a year ago. In spending nearly two hours with a supervisor, she finally acknowledged they were in the wrong and agreed to suspend the charges. Despite that they're still sending me bills. I'll pass on satellite for every car I buy from here on.

·
Registered
87 Posts
They run a remarkably ignorant operation. While they were trying to rip me off for a couple of bucks I have three cars in the garage with satellite radios they had the opportunity to sell service for. Now those cars will never be subscribed. They didn't get their money and they lost a customer for life. Wise strategy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Joining the fray. We never extend the "free" trial and would never do so for the same reasons. Even with the reduced price offers, why bother? Their offerings are not that good, you can stream what you want by other means, most of what is offered you don't want to hear anyway, your nav system already has traffic built in, why do you want to listen to traffic from multiple cities just to hear yours anyway?

Lots of reasons not to love these people. Heck, they even send me offers to renew cars I sold years ago. And, I'm tired of speaking to the Philipines and India for customer service. And you wonder why you can't get your service cancelled? These fools have your credit card information and can't do anything but read from a script! Scary. Commnications failure!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts