Evoque Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is alerting me to ,"check spare tyre TPMS". According to the manual, the compact tire does not have TPMS, I do not see one on the physical tire. I measured the tire's pressure as 52PSI (<60 normal). Is the car searching for a TPMS and errantly telling me it is low because it can't find the tire? Ideas anyone?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just left the dealer- two hour wait and no resolution. Annoyed. They wanted to keep the car, but I told them I wanted them to contact LR HQ and get a fix before I come back. They tried several fixes so far w/o resolution, so I think I'll wait until I know it's getting fixed. Not a major issue, but a waste of a beautiful afternoon in MN. We don't get that many here!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
After 2 trips to the dealer they were able to reset the TPMS for the spare. I pick up the car again in the AM.

Update- FYI, problem seems solved. They reset the sensor as having a large spare apparently?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
As I understand it, they reset the system by tricking it. I think the sensor is borrowed from vehicles with a full sized spare. In the Evoque, the sensor is supposed to remain quiet, since the compact spare (only option avail in the Evoque) has no TPMS. I guess no big deal as long as it stays quiet from now on!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good point Evo. Re affirms my decision to skip that option in the order. Some things can be over engineered, later causing more problems than what their worth. Tires constantly go down anyway. However, if the system kept them inflated, that might be worth installing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.