Evoque Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Evoque but I knew one day it was going to live up to it's reputation as a problematic car. I have a 2015 Evoque Pure Premium. It has had a few odd things crop up nicely after the warranty was up. Issues with the tailgate not opening, weird messages that look like it needs a new battery (replaced it about a year ago), windshield wiper fluid wanting to be filled even though it is filled. Smallish things I was willing to tolerate until without notice I started the car in my driveway and it made a terrible noise and appeared the steering was shot. I had the car towed and today I got a text from LR saying I need a new steering gearbox and it will cost $4400.

My car has 40K miles and I've had it for 6 years. This seems ridiculous that a car with this few miles would need something like this. I've been googling the issue, my vin, etc., to see if it is a common known issue. Have not found much about it in the US. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm also irritated b/c my battery was replaced a year ago and they are telling me I need a new one. Is a startup battery different than a car battery?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
647 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue. This has been a very common issue in the UK. I would advise you to contact LR customer service. I believe there is a recall for his in Canada, and in the UK I think LR will cover this no charge if the Evoque is less than 10 years old. I would also report this to NHTSA. If NHTSA gets enough reports, they may issue a safety recall here in the states. Let us know how you make out.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue. This has been a very common issue in the UK. I would advise you to contact LR customer service. I believe there is a recall for his in Canada, and in the UK I think LR will cover this no charge if the Evoque is less than 10 years old. I would also report this to NHTSA. If NHTSA gets enough reports, they may issue a safety recall here in the states. Let us know how you make out.

Good Luck!
Thank you for your suggestions. I had seen this was a recall in the UK and Canada and did mention it to my dealer. For whatever reason it is still not a recall in the US but I am planning on contacting the NHTSA and LR customer service as you suggest. I'm just thankful this happened in my driveway and not out on the road!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts