Evoque Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. Is there a way to deactivate the function that automatically turns off the power after about 15 minutes when the engine is off? I went to the drive-in movie theater, and turned off the engine. The power and the radio stayed on so I was able to listen to the sound channel from the theater, but then it turned off about every 15 minutes. Is there a way to deactivate that feature so I can get through a movie without having to power up every 15 minutes? Naturally it's always at an important point in the movie! It's annoying, and I know it's to prevent the battery from dying. But I'm hoping there's a way to get thorugh a 2-hour movie without interruption. Anyone know? FYI, I have a 2022 Evoque.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I can only share my own experience with my 2014 Pure Prem. I do know that if I spent too long listening to the radio with the power off, I would have a dead battery. I mostly drive local, so only have 50K on the car after 8 years, so not enough to keep the battery fully charged. I get a notice when I press the ignition that the system only has power for another couple of minutes each day I start the car in the garage. I would be reluctant to listen to the movie through the car audio system. It's been over thirty years since I've been to a drive-in theatre, I would think they have apps now so you can listen through your iPhone rather than the car system. I haven't had any problems while driving, but I know that in my case, LR provided just enough battery power; nothing more. I know this isn't so helpful, but given your issues, I thought I'd share mine. Cheers, Mark J.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts