Evoque Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but the Tailgate sensors under left and right rear corners of my 2017 SE Premium, only seem to work once in blue moon when I wave my foot underneath. Actually looks a little silly to spend more than 10 seconds or so waving my foot at my car. I know it was designed as a convenience feature if your hands were full. But balancing on one foot and waving the other under your car with your hands full, must be amusing to others who see it.

Yet, if I happen to be washing my car, and the keys happen to be in my pocket, tailgate opens right up as soon as I spray the back end. Almost hosed down that inside of my car once. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
When I was looking to buy, the saleswoman was doing exactly the same on one leg. She insisted the feature must have been turned off, But couldn‘t resist a sneaky leg wave under the other corner as I walked round the car.
I think from speaking with other owners, it’s a feature that isn’t exactly reliable.
I went for an SE that didn’t have that feature.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's a thing. I also have a 2017, the tailgate sensor seems to only like to be triggered from the side and close to the tire... and only occasionally, or as you say, when washing the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are correct, just noticed that. I will give that a try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lol, i just happened to know cause I don't get mine until Monday and I have been studying. Lol. Didn't mean to come off as a jerk. Sorry.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a problem. I was going by what the sales person told me to do. Though it didn't work for her either.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kicked worked for me too.

I guess the lesson is...it only looks funny to on-lookers, if you are doing it wrong.

Let me know if it opens when you wash your car, and the keys happen to be in your pocket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts