Evoque Forums banner

Tailgate remote close

9K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ScottiB 
#1 ·
have power tail and gesture open and close.
But the tailgate wont close on remote button or from dash button?
Surely if the tailgate can close on gesture it should close by the remote or am i missing something?

Am newbie just got our MY2017 HSE DynLux. This surely can't be right.
TIA

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum!

This is normal operation. Whether you close the tailgate by pushing the close button in the tailgate, or use the gesture feature, you are at the rear of the vehicle.
For safety, you can insure there isn't anything, or anyone, child for example, that would be in the way of the tailgate closing.

For a while one of the members of the forum had a module he was making, that you could add to the tailgate wiring, so you could close it with the key fob.
Not sure if he still is doing this or not.

Take a look at the thread below:

https://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/evoque-forum/2127-easy-remote-closing-tailgate-\-hatch.html

#3 ·
thanks for the welcome and thanks for the reply... I am in the automation industry and the forces the boot closes and the safety features built in really dont warrant this not closing by button.
Classic is you're sleepy and look out your window go to lock the car hit the wrong button and up comes the boot - arghhh and guarantee it will be raining too!!
Have had many cars that have power tail and all closed from the fob. Oh well mod it is then... just seems a daft.
Thanks again for confirming it though - though I was going mad!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.