Evoque Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Boston USA and have a Feb 2012 Evoque from new. In last 3 months the tailgate failed to close on the button about 20% of the time. Dealer tried to fix it once (kept the car 36 hours) and claimed they had - but it failed again as soon as I got home. Now it fails about 75% of the time. Does anyone have this problem? (I cleared all obstructions from door area).
Thanks Arty

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello. My 2012 Evoque Premium Prestige was doing the same thing at first. When I would try to close the tailgate by button in the back it would only work sometimes. Now, as of the last 6 months to a year or so, it won't close at all by button from inside or outside. It opens fine from the inside switch and outside button but closing is the issue. My scan tool gives me the code of C2005-31/Permanent Right Actuator under the Rear Gate Trunk Module heading. It's a starting point. I'll let you know what I find out if I ever fix it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I just had this problem fixed on my Evoque Prestige 2012 by changing the tailgate strut. It was powerful enough to open the tailgate but not enough to close it. Now everything is working well
Check also the power of your battery

1 - 4 of 4 Posts