Evoque Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking/researching the Evoque and just want to get your thoughts. It seems like I am seeing more and more of these cars up for sale, and complaints about brand new ones. Do any of you Evoque owners regret the decision after you bought it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've owned my Evoque for 8 months and driven over 10,000 miles to date. All in all I am very pleased with the vehicle and have had no significant problems. Though some owners have had issues with their cars, I believe there are others who have had a positive ownership experience. Hope this helps you weigh the pros and cons.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've owned my Evoque for 8 months and driven over 10,000 miles to date. All in all I am very pleased with the vehicle and have had no significant problems. Though some owners have had issues with their cars, I believe there are others who have had a positive ownership experience. Hope this helps you weigh the pros and cons.
+1

I too have owned my Evoque for 8 months, driven almost 8k miles (including road trip from Chicago to Miami via NC) and have had NO issues whatsoever.

Also considered a Mercedes-Benz GLK and BMW X3; don't regret choosing the Evoque over those vehicles at all.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've had my Evoque a month and have a few hundred miles on it. I've been even more pleased that I would have imagined. I extensively researched this car before I purchased it and came from years of owning Audis and BMWs that I loved. The fit and finish of the Evoque is outstanding (there's no other well designed interior like the Prestige at this price range, in my opinion); the intuitive and automatic application of technology (e.g., high beam headlights come on automatically on deserted dark road and turn back to regular headlights when an oncoming car comes) is a pleasant surprise; and the gas mileage has been very good (nearly 20 MGP city and nearly 30 MPG highway).

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's the same old story... People tend to discuss things that are wrong, or annoying them. Usually nothing is mentioned when things go right (unless you solicit that feedback). If you were to scan the forums of any other vehicle that you are looking at, you will find a similar view; so take it all with a grain of salt ;);)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have had my Evoque for 6 months and have not experienced any problems. The exterior and interior of this vehicle is the "best" I have ever owned. My previous vehicles included BMW, Jaquar XF, Porsche Boxster, SAAB and Mercedes SLK 350, Audi A4.I would buy this car over and over again.

·
Registered
482 Posts
6 months and 16,000 miles. Like you, was very interested to hear from people before I ordered it. I was apprehensive about the brand's reputation. I even contacted someone on cars.com to get an "unbiased" opinion! I drive for work and need a reliable car that can carry some gear, performs well in Winter and I wanted something sexy. With the exception of the reputation, the Evoque fit the bill perfectly. Minor issues only so far. I am very happy with the decision, and still smile whenever I open the garage door. Just yesterday I heard myself say out loud, "Hello Beautiful!" as I arrived within sight of my car in a busy parking lot.

There are plenty of bad stories out there. Just remember, people rarely scream out when they are happy, and people like to complain. In the end, you just have to take the plunge if you are so inclinded. Good luck!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
65 Posts
11 months and close to 12,000 miles with no major issues here, couldn't be happier with my decision. Best stock stereo system out of any car in the market and still getting compliments on the looks of the car! :cool:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a different take, but probably not what you would think.

I am a certified techie gadget-head and I love "cool" things.

While I have had a bleep-ton of problems -- I have what is probably an earlier build Dynamic and literally have had every problem that has been posted on the board -- guess what? I love the car.

The car is gorgeous. I get complimented on the car just about every day. It looks like nothing else. Complete strangers stop and stare.

Most of the tech is good, but there are some nagging things, like the GPS is so bad it's scary. I didn't think they made GPS this bad after 1997. That said, I don't want any other car. I just want mine fixed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the all the feedback! Just got home today from visiting the LR dealership again. Test drove another white/black dynamic with the 20" style 7 wheels. I am liking the car more and more! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts