Evoque Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I own a 2015 Evoque here in Canada (Si4). I purchased and installed a SprintBooster (throttle pedal response device) but it turned out the engine rev was very unstable (varying from 800rpm to 1200 rpm at idle) and I so decided to remove the device thinking it would not be safe and could potentially do some damage. I reconnected the throttle into the plug as it was initially and since then got a Check Engine with multiple warnings: Performance Reduced, IEB system inactive, etc. Clearly the car is restrainded: throttle response is veeery slow, AC is not available, cruuse control not available, etc and all that because I disconnected and reconnected the throttle. Since then I drove about 70km and still these warnings. My question: can I expect the car to go back to normal after some point (considering it is back to stock config) or do I need to do a reset or sthg? I would rather not have to go to LR to remove the check engine as I still have my warranty with them...

·
Registered
54 Posts
If it’s under warranty, I would be having a trip there, but I don’t think there’s any need to mention what you’ve been up to, just let them sort it out foc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it’s under warranty, I would be having a trip there, but I don’t think there’s any need to mention what you’ve been up to, just let them sort it out foc.
Thanks DKZ but I am a bit reluctant to do so; I feel it could only bring some suspicion and I rather fix that myself if it is easily doable and go back to my next oil change with no check engine light on. I just don't know if I need to drive another 50miles, or disconnect/reconnect the battery, etc...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Alex, it’s best to take your Evoque to JLR. Your vehicle’s computer would have logged all the errors when the different warning light came on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Dave, yes I understand. but I still don't know if the check engine could go away on its own, that would be even better. I will drive another 50km or so and see if it goes away. if not I will go to JLR.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all, I ended up going to JLR. So, when connecting the Sprintbooster I tilted one of the pins of the throttle connector...thus the warnings even after removing the sprintbooster.. I had no idea I damaged the connector.. it costed me 150$ but the guy at JLR was nice and no impact on my warranty. No more throttle commander for me, I will live with dynamic+sport mode

1 - 6 of 6 Posts