Evoque Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2020 Evoque Fire edition and my dealer said tire rotations are not required on this model , sounds like crap to me any comments . I have 10,000 km on it now .

·
Registered
18 Posts
The 2020 Evoque defaults to front wheel drive when it doesn’t sense tyre grip is slipping. It uses four wheel drive on loose surfaces, or if you select one of the off road options.

At 10k you shouldn’t need to rotate yet, but it’s worth just checking tyre tread depth now and then. If you think the fronts are wearing more excessively than the rears, there is nothing to stop you rotating the tyres.
Your car your choice.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Have a 2020 Evoque Fire edition and my dealer said tire rotations are not required on this model , sounds like crap to me any comments . I have 10,000 km on it now .
This is no different than any other car and tire rotation is "needed" no less than on other cars. I put quotes around the "needed" because I personally don't think tire rotation is an absolute must. I think it helps you get a bit more life out of your tires and likely you will get a little less road noise. But I have had sport cars that had smaller tires on the front and and I had directional tires so I couldn't rotate them, and everything was fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is no different than any other car and tire rotation is "needed" no less than on other cars. I put quotes around the "needed" because I personally don't think tire rotation is an absolute must. I think it helps you get a bit more life out of your tires and likely you will get a little less road noise. But I have had sport cars that had smaller tires on the front and and I had directional tires so I couldn't rotate them, and everything was fine.
In the manual under warnings it says do not rotate tires but does not say why . Wondering if has something to do with the adaptive dynamics And the dynamic stability control suspension.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If all 4wheels and tyres are the same, it wouldn’t make any difference which corner they were on, unless the tyres were rotational, in which case, front to back rotation is ok but nothing else. (Also, check pressures, as fronts & rears are likely to be different).

Personally, if my fronts have worn quicker than the rears, it’s more economical to only have to change the 2 fronts than rotating them and having all 4 go at the same time. Plus in the winter it’s better to have the best tyres on the front, so changing them for new is better than putting badly worn ones on the rear & part worn ones on the front.

just my opinion, & I’m sure there are plenty that would disagre.

·
Registered
171 Posts
In the manual under warnings it says do not rotate tires but does not say why . Wondering if has something to do with the adaptive dynamics And the dynamic stability control suspension.
Does it have different size tire in the front? Otherwise I can't think of a reason why it would say not to. I have a 2015 but it does have the Active Driveline but I don't think it says not to rotate the tires in the manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same tires all around , the dealer said this is new on the 2020 Evoque
From the manual
WARNING
Do not rotate the tires around the vehicle.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The tire pressure specifications even on my 2015 have significantly different pressures front and rear. I wonder if maybe it has something to do with preventing people from rotating without adjusting the pressure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe it's best to reach out to JLR for more technical information.

The only possibility I can think of is if the variation between heavily worn and lightly worn tyres causes overcompensation by the AWD system, which could lead to early failure? So rather than rotating the tyres, they might instead stipulate that 4 new tyres are required?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The tire pressure specifications even on my 2015 have significantly different pressures front and rear. I wonder if maybe it has something to do with preventing people from rotating without adjusting the pressure.
I think it’s more to do with the weight distribution of the car. There is a significant difference in the weight over the front axle to that over the rear, this means more pressure is required in the front tyres to cope with this.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think it’s more to do with the weight distribution of the car. There is a significant difference in the weight over the front axle to that over the rear, this means more pressure is required in the front tyres to cope with this.
This is the case with my 2015 (which does not have a no rotation claim) and most other cars out there. Most cars are front engine and front or all wheel drive so all cars have more weight in the front but still state that tires should be rotated. The statement I was making was that my 2015 tire pressure specifications have much higher pressure in the front compared to the rear and I assume it might be the same for the 2020. If so, then maybe they are saying "do not rotate them" because people may overlook adjusting the pressures after a tire rotation which would result in much higher pressure in the rear tires than in the front.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts