Evoque Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't help but notice that the RRE boasts 251 foot lbs of torque; however, the same engine in a Ford is speced at 270. Why did range rover get the shaft there?

·
Registered
326 Posts
It is in the engine programing. LR may have been a little more conservative to not risk troubles. The other posibility is, in 14 or 15, they can easily bump the HP and troque to boast of improvements.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Take note:

Ford Edge is 270 [email protected] 3000 rpm

RR Evoque is 250 lb.-ft. @ 1750 rpm
I knew that, I would much rather have the torque peak down low like the Evoque, that is closer to the RPM you drive. It is also better for a heavier vehicle like the Evoque.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hmmmm.... came across this story on the Focus and how they tuned up the engine map and they have Overboost:

Ford Focus ST 2.0L EcoBoost Gets Overboost - autoevolution
That torque curve shows well that under 2000 rpm, there is far less torque in the Ford tuned version.

I do not think it would work well in the Heavier Evoque.

I also think the Ford map proves that the Evoque can handle power up grades, or at least the engine can. I am sure it could be mapped to get 20 more torque and still keep the peak under 2100 rpm.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Agreed.

And I think if we ever do find torque charts for these engines you'll find them to be very close, if not almost identical, in matching numbers across the entire rpm spectrum. Neither vehicle was "cheated" out of torque numbers, they were just measured/reported at different rpms.

You know what they say - there are those who lie occasionally, others all the time and then there are statistics :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts