Evoque Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All....have winter and summer tires. Is there anything that needs to be done for the sensors I will be switching to (have factory one's for winter) I'm being told that once you travel a certain distance the new monitors will sync with the car. Is this true? Wondering also, if after-market sensors are just as effective as OEM"s?? Could someone help and set the record straight.... No doubt everyone hates that pressure monitor light on the dash :):):)

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brilliant..Will purchase OEM sensors. Not inclined to do after-market anyway. Good to know will sync after driving a bit....Thank you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm late to the party here but to clarify, the sensors are not location specific (i.e. left front, right rear etc.)? I don't need to train sensors after rotating tires then correct?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not...any sensors I've needed in the past just went to dealership and bit the bullet ( I have winter and summer tires with sensors in place) My summer rims and tires went after-market. They offered sensors but declined. That site is half the price but, and only speaking for myself, some things I want OEM. I hate when I get annoying sensor light warnings (have in the past) due to equipment being substandard. Not saying they are but in this instance, I take a different stance.

Good luck!! I'm sure you know this but no calibration will be needed. Once installed after driving a short distance sensors will be read

·
Registered
21 Posts
no need to purchase OEM sensors. I ordered TPMS when I bought winter tires from the Tire Rack, they work just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts