Evoque Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've a 2012 Evoque... 110,000 miles... all I've done is replace tires... shocks.. rear brakes at 55k.. the fronts didn't get replaced until 95k, and could have gone longer, had no issues just thought that was enough.. Replace spark plugs at tje same time... change oil every 20k... have done nothing else... have kept it waxed... still getting compliments at gas stations and such on my new Rover... quite the surprise when I'm telling them it's 8 years old... Love it‼

·
Registered
166 Posts
That sounds great! So your turbo is still going? You only change your oil at 20,000 miles? Why do you go for 2x the length recommended by LR?

My front brakes needed to be replaced at 40k, but the rears look like they will go to 80k or more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought my 2016 new in July 2016, it now has about 57,000 miles on it with no issues. I have only done typical service work, oil changes etc. I think most of the bad reputation is left over from older models.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, new RR owner here from Morocco,

Just bought a second hand 2018 evoque pure with about 60k miles on it, and here are the first impressions ( i had a WV golf 7 GTD before this one) :

Pros :
1. It looks awesome
2. Quite comfy.
3. Suspension is great so far
4. The engine is responding nicely so far, mostly driven on Dynamic mode. Have tried a couple of hill climbs and descents and it did well.
5. The AC is wonderful compared to a lot of cars.
6. The interior sound is not bad ( don't know about the meridian versions), I'm adding a subwoofer in the back to get some more bass.
7. It's a status car, so you get looked at a lot ( could be negative thing, depends on the look ;) )

Cons:
1. There is quite a lot of rattling going on, I'm always searching for the sources ( usually cheap plastic, trunk cover...)
2. Jerky transmission on the first gears ( 1=>2 and 2 =>3) especially when the car is cold, sometimes quite aggressive which is probably the worst point here.
3. No keyless door open/close ( absurde for such price)
4. Infotainment feels really cheap compared to a lot cheaper vehicles.
5. Wind with open windows is crazy( definitely need deflectors)
6. Car computer doesn't share much information about issues i guess ( on the golf 7,it says exactly where the problem is).
7. The fact that a lot of basic options are not built in the standard pure model ( need to upgrade to dynamic range) with that price tag is a bit ridiculous.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts