Evoque Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I has a p0299 code for low boost, the exhaust manifold was cracked I replaced the turbo but the code still on did anyone have this issue and now what other parts I should check that causes low boost. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had P0299 low turbo boost error on my 2014 Evoque, it turned out it was boost solenoid valve vacuum leak. I replaced it with Ford EGR Solenoid Valve Control part # CB5Z9E882A. Which is same as part for Land rover part except its $50 more.

·
Registered
248 Posts
You could check the hose that goes from the turbo outlet to the charge air cooler for leaks. Are you sure the waste gate actuator arm is adjusted correctly? I know the turbo from Turbo Parts Canada was (at one time ) setup for the older turbos (2011-2012) so if you had a newer model (like my 2015) you had to move your actuator mechanism over to the new turbo. The older ones were actuated with pressure and the newer ones used vacuum. So more info might help, like what year your Evoque is and what turbo you replaced it with (OEM, vs aftermarket, etc).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am having the same issue. I changed out my turbo and the boost control valve. Still says that it has a boost leak somewhere. Before I changed the turbo I used to hear what sounded like the boost pressure leaking to the back of the car. The turbo I changed out was starting to have a little noise and that has since been resolved. Took it to a shop and they weren't able to find anything as well. They say I may have to take it to the dealership.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts