Evoque Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When its really cold outside, I will often let the Evoque warm up in the driveway for 5 minutes before leaving for work (especially given I often drop off my infant son to daycare). After starting the engine and leaving the car (smart key in pocket) to go back inside the house, the message center will show "Smart Key Not Found".

My question is in the unlikely situation someone walked up to our garage in the alley and wanted to take off with our car, is a smart key required for the engine to continue running or will the car automatically turn off after some time? The car will not allow me to lock it from the outside while the engine is running.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The car engine will continue to run without the key. This is probably for safety reasons if your key fob battery dies while driving?

·
Registered
124 Posts
It will drive until you shut the engine off...I am not sure if it is the safest thing you want on a car though! if battery dies, you can actually remove the press bottom and insert the key if ever needed.
Please refresh my mind if this is correct, as I did this with another Range Rover and a Dodge start bottom, but I think the Evoque is the same system.
Cheers
brazeagle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts