Evoque Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Warning to all Evoque owners

Will let me start by saying that I'm 38 years old and have gone through about 37 cars already due to my love for cars , However I have never experienced such poor service then land rover.The major problem that we experienced was due to the shifter malfunction causing the car to engage in gear and running into my parked AMG C63 with 6,500 miles on it.Not wanting to report this to my insurance due to car fax report of a future sale I paid $2,400 the fix all damages. Range rover had found 3 fault codes and replaced the gear shifter.After calling range rover they are refusing to pay for damages and my demand of replacing the car as I really don't trust this car any further.If I had a child or if this car was parked on the street this could have killed someone.The car has had so may issues form key not detected, some kind of leak in the cylinder head , loose bolt in the suspension, rear tail lights foging up, ratteles, and many more others. I'm not asking for my money back but simply to get me car replaced and the reimbursement of my damages. The latest after a system update due to the key not being detected causing the car not be started , the mirrors not folding when locked and alarm going off and the 2nd beep not coming on if you press the lock key2x. Today is Thursday and they had the car since Friday last week with no fix. At what point does a car manufacture step up and do the right thing? If this issue is not resolved by next week I will have no choice but to have attorney take over my case. In last few months of owning the my Evoque the car has been down for almost 30 days. Guys please be vey carful and don't ever leave the car running in park for any amount of time.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Which country are you in (I assume the USA) and which state? What year Evoque?" How many miles?

So if I get this are you saying LR replaced the shifter (or worked on it) and THEN you drove into a parked car? Or did they find the error code after the accident? I presume you started the car, then took your foot off the brake and it jumped into gear? I would say you would have to be able to duplicate this in some way. In others, prove it could happen. On all the forums and reading the highway safety stuff, I do not see this as a known issue. So, you would have to probably duplicate.

As far as other issues, some states have lemon laws that may cover you. However, some of the stuff you're describing sounds suspiciously like a bad main battery.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm in California , the car was running in my driveway, with the drive mark flashing. This has happened 3x already . You put the car in park but its really not in park. Car currently has about 16k miles and its 2012. I already have a video that was also sent to them but they don't want to take fault. My next report will be to the highway safety... And the lemon law is next on my list.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Back to the shop, I'm so pissed at myself for buying this car. I should have listened to everyone who told me not to buy a range rover. I have filed with the BBB and the NHTSA... Next time ill stick to a Mercedes Benz as they been the best cars I've ever owned...

·
Registered
8 Posts
From all the "problems" you have had with it why havent they bought it back yet? Especially in the state of California. Getting pissed and screaming at the service counter at the dealership is going to get you no where. Down for 30 business days means its a lemon.

·
Registered
95 Posts
To the original poster, very sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with the car, and I'm very sensitive to your safety concerns. I would just advise that taking a calm approach to the situation would help in addressing the situation with the dealer.

Also would you mind posting the video you have so that we can also be educated on exactly how this malfunction occurs?

Thanks and good luck in getting the situation addressed, we love our Evoque thus far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi 4ramin, I have a 2013 RR Evoque Pure and a 2012 Mercedes ML350. The Mercedes is about to go back on Lemon Law, and the dealer as well as Mercedes LLC is the worst. It's the first Mercedes I have ever owned, and will never own another one. On the other hand, I have owned 6 Range Rovers, and 5 BMW's. Love both brands, and the dealer service is awesome. The moral I guess it that it can happen to any car, any brand. That's why they have a Lemon Law. I think it should apply to everything you buy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, the car was towed back to the dealer on Thursday last week for a different issue. The car has been to in two different dealers and both dealers have been great. Land rover is the one being difficult and yes I do have an attorney now and the lemon law is the road we are taking. I'll keep everyone posted as to the status.....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nothing worse than a car you can't rely on. On the other hand, I've had mine more than a 1 & 1/2 years without a single issue, and I'm a picky S.O.B.

Luck of the draw I guess.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nothing worse than a car you can't rely on. On the other hand, I've had mine more than a 1 & 1/2 years without a single issue, and I'm a picky S.O.B. Luck of the draw I guess.
I agree , arbitration is set for Thursday next week and the car was towed back in two days ago once more. Dealer called me yesterday saying they have a engineer looking at it to fix what's wrong. I'm just so over this whole thing. Hope to get rid of it without having to deal with the courts and the time that will take.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update. I get a call from Land Rover today a day before my arbitration telling me that they are buying the car back as a Part of the lemon law. Bye bye to my Evoque . She is still in the shop as they needed to change several computers ....details are being worked out next ;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Shame and sorry you went through that. Although I hear LR is pretty good about abiding by the Lemon Law while Mercedes and Porsche suck. Good luck!

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Sounds like things are working out (all things considered.) Still sucks tho- buying a cool car should be nothing but fun. What a buzzkill.Better luck with your next vehicle... What do you think you'll get?
That's the magic question right now, Land Rover has given me 3 options, repurchase , replacement or upgrade. The new guy I'm working with is great. He said if I stay with Land Rover they will give me a huge discount but at this point I'm not sure if I want to do that. They are giving me a few days to think about it. They even offered to order a car if I want. As for my car it was the central main computer that was bad. Apparently 3 other cars also have issue but currently the parts are not in the us and my car is 4th on the list . They said they will for sure fix it before they will resell it with a lemon law title. Any ideas what I should do for the next car? One thing I know for sure is I never get the 1st year of any car

1 - 20 of 37 Posts