Evoque Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this question on another Range Rover Forum in the Evoque section. There hasn't been many responses. I thought posting the same question on an Evoque specific forum might get more responses. So if you could, what would you change on the Evoque?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Tiny back window. There are lots of blind spots. Also too pricey for small car. Love everything else about car. Best looking small suv on the market.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Of forgot one important thing... Wish the roof would actually open. Love my coupe which is rare also to see in an suv

·
Registered
335 Posts
Go back to 6 speed tranny because their engineers are too stupid to listen and get the 9 speed corrected

Agree on touch screen being slow but it works every time!

Also agree that not having the coupe in Dynamic makes no sense. The coupe is the "sportier" version and is probably driven so much more often than the 4 door.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I too wish the roof opened...don't care for the material that covers the glass panel..worried it will tear. The Transmission....I test drove a used evoque with a 6 speed tranny...no whiplash....instead got a new whiplash machine. This is a beautiful vehicle...nothing else out there like it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Need more folks like you to call corporate and complain about the tranny. Bet the whiplash occurs at low rpm in drive when it lags then double downshifts back into full turbo boost??

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have 2013 so got 6 speed thank goodness. Wonder with all the complaints about 9 speed, wonder why they won't change it??? Didn't realize they didn't make a dynamic coupe for 2016???? I love my coupe!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Coupe only in mid trim levels. Maybe with the name changes you just have to option it up to the MUCH BETTER magnetic shock package which are the highlight of the car to me. Handling is more sport coupe than Sport Utility.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Get rid of the metallic tint in the windows so radar detectors work. Use non metallic window tinting.

Bring performance of Ford 240 hp 2.0 ecoboost up to current development levels. The 2.3 liter ecoboost easily outputs +320 hp in the Ford lineup.

Digital compass display for non-navigation equipped Evoques and digital mph display. This is too basic to overlook. No compass for a car with off road capability!

Stop downplaying the coupe. This is better looking than the five door and its the model for the Evoque enthusiast.

Go back to the original tail lights. The new design is too generic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did find a compass on mine the other day but I'm not sure if it was part of navigation or not. I've also got the digital MPH display which will come in handy when I go to Canada because I can change it to KPH. I've got a remote start (2016 Evoque HSE).

Something I would change is the navigation. It's nowhere near as nice as what I had on my Lincoln. I was disappointed when I saw how crappy it was.

Other than that, I'm really happy with it so far. It's my first Range Rover.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would make it so that the cabin air didn't stink!
I would have put the proper recall out on the turbo and had it replaced instead of me doing it at my expense.
I would change the fact that the radio volume can't be turned down when you put the car in reverse.
I would change the blind spots maybe making the ABC pillars a bit more narrow, more window.
I would change the terrible heat output on the driver's side.
I would change the fact that the heated seats take 3x as long as my Cadillac's.
I would update the fact that you can't do anything about pairing your phone with the car like Ford's SYNC system.
I would update the Radio/Navigation, it's lacking compared to others in its class.
It was 15 ° this morning so a remote start would have certainly been nice.

However, my RR Evoque is a 2013 and I'm sure some of the aforementioned has already been changed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2013,dynamic, love the look, love the handling, power is enuf, trans shifts great, what would I change...... the overall quality and service, just over 50,000 miles needed transfer case, brakes, on demand coupling, turbo, front strut, steering wheel controls x 3, height sensor.................last visit was nearly 4 months back and forth to my dealer ( I had it for a few scattered days), still not fixed, LR has been real slow to respond,
I know what I should have changed, should have kept my grand Cherokee overland , nearly 60,000 miles, not so much as a rattle.

·
Registered
171 Posts
On my 2015 Dynamic I would change

Smoother transmission shifts
A single button on the screen that would take me to the curb view instead of having to go through 3 buttons
More comfortable seats (they are a little hard)
Faster touch screen response
Allow the radio to be adjusted while in reverse.
When on the curb cam view and you put in reverse it goes to the rear view. But when you put it back in drive you have to move several feet forward before it changes back to curb cam...by then you could have ruined your rims. I would make it immediate.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Remote start, remote closes lift gate, and wish the sunroof was closer to the front of the car so it would actually be above the driver. All minor things for sure

·
Registered
23 Posts
Now that I've gotten closer to my first 1000 miles, I've built up a small list.

I'd upgrade the adaptive cruise to have 2-level switches that allow speed changes of 1mph for a partial push and to the next 5mph increment for a full push. (like Cadillac, MB and probably a few others).

I'd add an option to control which view comes up first when pushing the camera icon.

I'd replace the center stack screen with something a bit bigger and MUCH more responsive.

I'd reverse the stupid decision to disable voice control in convertibles. (Yeah, it's disabled even with the top up).

I'd implement Android Auto.

I'd upgrade the seat cooling to be at least as good as my Ford.

I'd make all displays polarized-sunglasses friendly. Including head-up. Buick can do it in the Envision, so it's not impossible.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts