1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when i bought my evoque, i wondered why the rear door glass was marked "fuyao" as it sounded Chinese. true enough, when i ordered a new one when my original was scratched, its indeed made in China :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

no reason to worry or panic. I work for Fuyao Glass and can confirm that all Evoques have the same glass. We make that glass as well as the roof glass. There is no question of the car in question being a copy. It's real. You know we can make good stuff in China these days and your Evoque, despite being made in England is the idea of Tata - the Indian company which owns JLR. The global supply chain such as it is these days means that there will doubtless be parts from China, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam or India, no matter what car you drive. For example, we also manufacture parts for Rolls Royce. Nothing to worry about - there are no starving children working at our factories and we work to the same international quality standards that all part makers do for the automotive industry, run the same safety and material tests and comply with the individual standards of all individual countries too.

Hope this helps reassure you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts